1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying 10 Articles Related to SEO/SMM

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Dave Goehst, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Senobia, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  2. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nothing you "pay" to any of those writers changes the fact that writers who work for nothing up front are amateurs flirting with disaster.

furthermore, anyone who works with you after seeing this thread is obviously desperate. Good luckwith that.

Graphicsfx, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  3. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah...a farmer complaining about quality..hilarious.

They never learn.

4. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    People do it all the time. You are apparently living a sheltered digital existence - get out more!

Amateurs flirting with disaster? You should ask those who've written for me how desperate they are. Then ask yourself just how retarded that sounds. Judging by your sentence structure in many posts I've read of yours, 'amateur' describes your 4th grade writing style quite well.

This makes absolutely no sense. If you're going to play with the cool kids and bash the OP, please make sentences or reply with quotes that make sense.

Keep them coming, kiddies. I've got broad shoulders and plenty of great writers I've hired thus far regardless of what's being said. In fact, while you broke invalids are writing these untruths in my thread, another writer just made .055 per word for killer content. So who's really the fool - the cry babies wasting their time posting meaningless drivel, or the man hiring people left and right? Hmm...

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got another great writer to pay for her efforts.

Dave Goehst, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  5. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's funny how you keep claiming to pay writers xx per word. Surely you have the writers you need by now and there's no reason to keep checking this thread....oh.

Two people have called you out publicly in this thread and the thread is still active..hmmmm

Sad that you have to farm out Examiner posts. I bet you work for Demand Studios as well.

6. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The two people calling me out are the ones unemployed, have little people syndrome and have insufficient writing experience - unfortunately, you cannot close these threads (at least not that I've discovered.) - sad that you have to troll posts all day and, given the extent of your English writing skills, I can definitely see why you've obtained few jobs here. Because if you had work now, you'd surely have something else to do now besides 'attempting' (used loosely) to decimate my thread.

That's the 'hmmmm...' of opportunity here.

Please, do keep the insulting posts coming. That's just more work I give others, and less worthy you're actually proving yourselves to be.

7. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh, by the way, you should come to my town - the corner of 18th and Markland has an opening where your rapid-fire mouth could see plenty of action. Pay probably isn't that great but, then again, neither is your mouth (Which is evident through your random babblings)

8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Pass. We have plenty of BS and horses asses right here in Texas.

Senobia, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do they? I wasn't aware. I'll be sure and ask whomever replies to the email I sent reporting you for doing it. I'll report back with the verdict.

Senobia, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  10. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please do! I will hold the LOL for now.

11. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Judging by your posts, I can totally believe that statement.

hurricane_sh likes this.
  12. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh, and don't forget to tell Examiner folks I said hi. Wait, I'll just respond to the email they just sent me regarding some retard trying to tattle on a writer.

13. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know who you're describing here, but it certainly isn't me. Also, I would never try to get a job here. What a joke.

You've decimated your thread all by yourself. No one with any self-respect will work for you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    Graphicsfx, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  14. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Aha, these two members again, they just ruined my thread with smart-ass sarcastic replies for absolutely nothing. You should feel lucky though as she at least PMed you; she attacked my thread even she wasn't interested. I guess they are just too bored.

They fit the definition of trolls perfectly. You should ignore them.

hurricane_sh, Nov 19, 2013 IP
    melanie.c.jones likes this.
  15. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I normally try to stay out of 'hate' threads (ok...that's not true. I love them, lol) but I just wanted to jump in and give my $.02 (even though I would never normally work for so little!).

I was hired to write an article for AboutFreelance several weeks ago. He gave me good instructions and said he would pay me $.05 per word (if I remember right, but it was about $.05). Normally I don't write without getting paid up front, but I made an exception because of the content he needed (it was about politics, which I love, and he wanted it written in a humorous way, which I also enjoy. Plus, I could have used the article myself if he ended up not paying.) I wrote it up, submitted it to him and he said he liked it. I shot him over a PayPal invoice and he paid it within an hour. Everything went very smoothly.

On top of the payment we agreed on, he offered to publish it in my name, with a link to my Google+ author profile. This is, of course, very valuable to any writer.

Whether he was right or wrong in the way he talked to Senobia, or anyone else, I can't say. I like Senobia a lot as well. I love the way she goes after the low paying people, and she seems to be a great writer, from what I've seen (plus her avatar ain't hard to look it *wink*).

Hopefully everyone can work everything out and get along. Hold hands. Sing a song...

If not, I'll keep watching this thread, purely for the entertainment value. :)

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  16. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep, and I paid him TO THE WORD, not an estimated or rounded up/down amount.

The whole situation started when Senobia emailed me, and wanted paid upfront - yet showed me an example of writing that wasn't congruent with what she was requesting in terms of pay. Although I completely understand that people want upfront payments to protect their interests, I was particularly on guard because all I've read (and heard about from others) is how Senobia loves quarreling over pay. So, I indicated that her ideologies were slightly 'obscured' (using slightly different jargon, of course) and she emailed me back stating I had 'an attitude problem' (no way, I was 'pissy', I believe she said).

Again, it boils down to this: I have absolutely NO issues paying good money to writers that provide GOOD work. I pay TO THE WORD, meaning I am OK with knowing the total word count of the completed work, paying you, then receiving the work. Michael and Alinasandor have always been paid quickly, make at/over .05/word and do an outstanding job. I'm sure when Corey catches up with his workload, I will get to have his works, too.

The more I've read how Senobia preemptively strikes people over pay, the less inclined I (and others) will be to hire others like her because not only does that show an excessive lack of freelancing decorum, it shows that passion for writing lacks. When the passion lacks, the client loses more than money.

I've got strong shoulders. Words typed in tiny white boxes across the internet mean nothing, and roll right off my back. She can schmooze me with fancy sentences, big words and childish statements based off unproven facts - bottom line is, if you act like a 'C', you will be called a 'C' and labeled as such - regardless what pasture your grazing in around Texas.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    Dave Goehst, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  17. melanie.c.jones

melanie.c.jones Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with Michael and the OP here. I actually vary my rate depending on the work - if you want editorial style content similar to what is on my own blog (which is pretty satirical) I charge more because it takes time to come up with good jokes, and really perfect the voice of the article. If you want guest blog posts about a subject I have written about 100 times before that even with research and proof reading aren't going to take very long, I can do them for $0.02 because a) I am more likely to be hired that way and b) it works out at about the same in terms of what I actually make per hour. Most of the work requests on DP are of the kind I can handle fast (without producing bad quality work), so I advertise my rate on here as a low one to remain competitive and attract new clients I can then expand my relationship with. It works pretty well.

So if I am charging $0.02 it's because I have a business model that works for me, and I don't appreciate the likes of Senobia (and to be fair she isn't the only one who does this) dismissing anyone who is bidding at that rate and effectively undercutting her as a bad writer. If you find yourself complaining this often about the way a market works, maybe you would do better to stop trying to fight it and actually adapt your own way of working to fit with what is going to ultimately make you more successful. I hope you don't, because it is always amusing to watch the arguments you get yourself into, but it's just a thought.

Anyway, anyone who calls anyone who trolls them a 'C' is alright by me. It's a good word.

melanie.c.jones, Nov 19, 2013 IP
    Dave Goehst likes this.
  18. amit_article

amit_article Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Being a 4 years old dedicated member of DP's content creation section ( using content creation, I have successfully served more than hundred of clients here, for proof check my legacy iTrader rating) I must say that this buyer is one of the good buyers of DP. I hardly find anyone like him who provides clear instructions about his requirement and also pay you on time. I must suggest that if you can provide quality content then go ahead with his work. Don't worry about the payment.

NB: I hardly comment on any thread but I could not stop myself from commenting here after reading all the comments mostly from the time-wasters here ;)

amit_article, Nov 22, 2013 IP
    Dave Goehst likes this.
  19. amit_article

amit_article Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I must also add that if you are an experience writer here then you should know who will pay you for your hard work. You don't need to ask them for any upfront payment if you are good with whatever you do. Because, if you are good then clients will automatically pay you on time and will place another work order. So, my suggestion is choose your client properly, deal with them in a proper manner and get paid.

amit_article, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  20. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'd like to also confirm that I expect payment up front as well for my writing services;)

BradySEO, Nov 27, 2013 IP