1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i use my company name for blog commenting?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jhonsea, Nov 20, 2013.

After Matt Cutts announced about blog commenting -"Use your real name when commenting".
    Can i use my name or my company name, please be clear on this.

Thank you

jhonsea, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can, nobody stops you from doing that

however remember that when you do blog commenting you are doing it on behalf of your company, so any good or bad that comes from that commenting, entire company has to bear it.

bad for ex = you get in a comment fight with someone over some disagreement,
    for google and people , you two individuals are not fighting, a company and an individual is fighting.

please bear in mind.

competent123, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  3. jhonsea

jhonsea Member

Best Answers:
    people said while using a company name its a spam... how it will spam while we using company name instead of using our name.
    I thought at-least some people check the brand name there and they coming to our website right.

Anyway thank you for the replay pravesh....
    I am looking for more answers for this .

jhonsea, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  4. ComRade677

ComRade677 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, you can do that but remember, do NOT spam..

if you post so many times in blog commenting, it will be considered as spamming...

ComRade677, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  5. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I consider that using the name of your company as a user might bring lot of damages to it. I prefer to use my personal names or a shortcut all over where I post, I don't hide myself under PSEUDO like many others. I have nothing to hide. But to use your company name is not such a smart idea tho :)

RosuC, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  6. nshadab

nshadab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use your real name instead of company name, a worth watching video from Matt Cutts (Spam Manager @ Google), and listen it carefully 1:13 - 1:40.

it took 20 mins of searching here and there to get this video, but finally i got something that can answer you properly.

ENJOY!

nshadab, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  7. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    You can use your company name to comment, but you have to be careful because some of some sites consider it a spam, it's better you use your real name instead of the name of your company or business.

Owl Writer, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  8. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too agree with @competent123 you can use your company name but make sure that you are leaving an valuable comment incase if you're in debate with some other person in blog commenting it can hurt your reputation no need to worry if you have given right stuff

shaamblaze, Nov 22, 2013 IP
    competent123 likes this.
  9. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi in my opinion you have use your name not a company name but when ever you post so make sure add link with website name and links...

SASA Techno, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  10. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Comment is nothing but opinion, its belongs to you., not your company. So try to follow some uniqueness while doing commenting, it will gives more trust on you and your comment. Webmaster will see the first your name, after that anything. If its not a human name surely they will not interest to read your comment, they will delete it.

My personal experience, I will delete it surely if its not human name :)

Recommended opinion use some personal information while doing BC.

jopsons, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  11. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jopsons is right: when you comment on a post, that's because you want to add you insight to the piece and engage in a discussion with the writer and their audience.

However, you can still use your company name if it defines you somehow; just make sure to use one of the following non-spammy formats:

- Yourname @ Companyname
    - Yourname | Companyname.com
    - Yourname, Positition at Companyname

I use these formats most of the time when I comment (unless the blog owner has specific guidelines for commenting, which you should follow) because I run several websites and I use them to define myself accordingly: for example, if I'm commenting on a personal blog, I'll use Luana @ MyPersonalBlog; if I'm commenting on a SEO post, I'll use Luana Spinetti | MySEOSite.

Be creative and add insightful comments that the webmaster will LOVE to approve. ;)

luanatf, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  12. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    @luanatf Thanks a lot for your suggestion. i m impressed the way you clear my doubt.

seo17, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  13. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome, @seo17 :) I'm glad the advice helped! So far these commenting names have worked greatly for me.

As for the "Yourname, Positition at Companyname" format, the credit goes to Tad Chef of seo2.0.onreact.com. That's where I read it the first time. I thought it was brilliant!

luanatf, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  14. netove

netove Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say u can defiantly use it.. As far as getting bad traffic to your company some spam filters should take care of it..
    Reach me at netove.com/hosting

netove, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  15. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should only use your company name when the comment being left is as though it is from the companies publicist. The owner should not use the name. The lead tech should not use the name. So the company itself should only use it and it should do so through the delegated spokesperson.

V_RocKs, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  16. Pranith.E

Pranith.E Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it is needful then you can use your company name only by using correct format.

Pranith.E, Nov 26, 2013 IP