1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Kid Smiles (.com) - appraisal?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by recraig2, Nov 21, 2013.

I would like to see what people think this is worth. Can you help me?

recraig2, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All these domains you have are 3 words or more and not very targeted words, basically they are not worth the $10 to register them.

Someone has to want to do someting with these names. What could you do with "Big Kid Smiles" ?

averyz, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  3. recraig2

recraig2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Averyz, this is not an appraisal. Number of words alone do not make an appraisal. If you have something useful, I would be happier. Thank you. I have seen short domain names you couldn't pay me to take. They are unmemorable. Also, you really have to ask what to do with Big Kid Smiles? Really? No imagination? It is easy.

4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You asked what "what people think this is worth". Do you want to know what it is worth ?

or do you have some delusion that you will sell them by asking dumb questions like this ?

and why make thread for each one ? You look like a spammer.

averyz, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  5. recraig2

Best Answers:
    You're right. But you should allow two seconds before reacting to a post. I edited it because I realized this was not the sales post.

6. recraig2

Best Answers:
    You look like a troublemaker. And?

7. recraig2

Best Answers:
    Read the title. Or can you really read? I asked for an appraisal.

8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I gave you one -
    But you obviously are not looking for that answer, I think you are just hoping for a buyer. Try the the BTS section but I doubt you will sell them for anymore then the appraisal I gave you.

averyz, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Going by the definition of appraisal, you were given one. Just because a dollar amount was not given, doesn't mean it was an appraisal.

I just find the domain name creepy, to be honest, and don't see any value (i.e. $0) in it. I would not want to be associated with such a domain.

ryan_uk, Nov 21, 2013 IP
    averyz likes this.
  10. recraig2

Best Answers:
    For all the business illiterate who might stumble upon this thread, Wikipedia defines an appraisal this way:
    Do not reply to this thread without a DOLLAR VALUE that is based on CONCRETE FACTORS! I don't want guesses and conceited opinions. I am looking for normal people looking to make NORMAL contributions. Oh, that's right! I am in DP, what was I thinking.

recraig2, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    If you want to quote Wikipedia, then at least do it correctly. You would want DOMAIN APPRAISAL. After all, you posted in the domain appraisal section. Your site has one post, it is effectively worthless, otherwise you would have posted detailed information about an actual business in order for a business appraisal to have been made.

As you have problems finding the correct page on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_appraisal

The fact is your domain name is a killer in a bad way. It makes any positive point invalid. It is creepy (just like one of the other domains - the one about touch - you asked for an appraisal for). It might not be intended that way, but when choosing a domain name, you have to carefully consider the possible meanings, including the bad ones (been there, done that, got the t-shirt - even recently). As a result, zero dollars.

Putting aside the really creepy aspect, there is very little meaning and point to your domain (from a commercial view). Not even for orthodontists.

You made a mistake developing the site as the content has no real meaning or value, it would have been better off left parked.

Undeveloped, reg fee, but that was putting aside the creepiness.

If you do not like opinions, then why post on a forum?

ryan_uk, Nov 22, 2013 IP
    averyz and malky66 like this.
  12. recraig2

Best Answers:

Ryan, no matter how you slice it, my complaint stands. Quoting from YOUR section of Wikipedia, the results are the same:

Did you even bother to read it? An Appraisal, as in any business appraisal ALWAYS involved dollar values based on some concrete facts. Even if the facts that are considered may vary from person to person. That is what was missing in Avery's rantings and you'll have to agree with me now on this from your own citation.

As for feeling of creepiness... I feel no creepiness about big kids smiling. Big = large. Kid = child or childlike. Smiles = well, happy (by default). Where is the creepiness? Are you imagining smiles for OTHER purposes than what most people smile for most of the time? Well, remember Joey from Friends? He used to say anything in a certain way and make is sexual. You can do this with anything, but it doesn't devalue it.

Aside from your creepy feelings, what I object to is that DP is the only forum I have been involved in where the attitude is almost across the board shitty. All other forums I am in a are respectable and professional. There aren't the kind of childish conflicts and dis that happens in DP. I have had many friend recommend I leave as they did. I have given the benefit of the doubt, but I see I was wrong. This is a waste of my time. Good Luck Ryan.

recraig2, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    "It is an estimate and an opinion" <--- sometimes the opinion might be that there isn't any value (sometimes a domain needs to be developed to have value, particularly when there is instantly no - or little - commercial value). We are not always going to like someone's opinion about our domain, site or whatever, but then it's just an opinion.

The creepiness is when the words are together, not individually. To quote myself, "but when choosing a domain name, you have to carefully consider the possible meanings, including the bad ones". I wish the world wasn't full of some really weird and creepy things, but sadly it is. When appraising a domain, I think about it as if I was going to use it as a brand, but also as a potential customer. "How do I feel about the brand?" What would someone want with big kid smiles? I know there is the saying "big kid at heart", but "big kid smiles" just doesn't sound right". Again, putting aside creepy, if I saw a company name "Big Kid Smiles", I would wonder about the purpose. With smiles being there, I would think about orthodontics, but "big kids" doesn't quite fit. "Perfect Smiles" would be better. If it's about people looking back at the toys and games they enjoyed, there are better business names such as "Yesteryear Toys", "I want one of those" or similar. But, that's just my opinion. Don't take it too personally.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  14. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Merriam Webster Dictionary
    Appraisal
    -the act of judging the value, condition, or importance of something : the act of appraising something
    -something that states an opinion about the value, condition, or importance of something

If you really want a price appraisal for your domain it is negative. It is not worth anything but will cost someone $3.99 a year to hide their name from being attached to the domain. Their is a fine line on what is appropriate with kids and your domain name crosses this line, like ryan_uk said It is Creepy.

Dollar amount appraisal- Negative -$3.99 a Liability

Liability- a person or thing whose presence or behavior is likely to cause embarrassment or put one at a disadvantage

averyz, Nov 22, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.