1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal and CREDIT CARDS

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by citisale, Nov 14, 2013.

We need to establish Periodical Payments from our Rent 2 Own website ... through paypal. Will the credit card companies guarantee the agreed number of rental payments by the RENTER'S CREDIT CARD, so he / she will not take off with our goods???

I need advice plz?

citisale, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No. Your customer can make a chargeback up to 6 months after the last payment. Paypal is a really bad medium for a business like this, because it actually gives your customers 2 chances to make a dispute. They can use the paypal dispute system. If that doesn't work they can go straight to their bank and request a chargeback.

From what I've seen very few rent to own businesses accept credit cards except on the initial payment. Most require a direct bank draft authorization. They also are some of the most aggressive companies in the world at collecting debts. Because of the nature of the average rent to own customer, it's very likely that they already have bad or no credit. The nature of the business is that many customers end up either not paying or trying to reverse payments they have already made. I know Aarons in the US is extremely aggressive at collections and repossession when someone doesn't pay.

jestep, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  3. sree6020

sree6020 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can anyone help me to link a debit card with my paypal account

sree6020, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  4. PainlessProcessor

PainlessProcessor Member

Best Answers:
    That is not a payment processor issue - they really can't protect you from consumer theft or fraud. This is something you have to protect yourself from. Although like jestep said, this is not the type of business to process through PayPal and your safest method for collecting payment on this type of business are either electronic check or ACH. Online, recurring payment rent-to-own furniture, electronics, etc. are high-risk. If you want to protect yourself from theft or chargebacks; you probably want to have a solid rent-to-own contract the consumer must sign and then you probably need to run credit/background checks to confirm (a personal guarantee in the contract is probably a good idea). You probably want this contract written or at least reviewed by an attorney to protect yourself as best as possible... and there is still no guarantee you will not have theft or fraud issues.

PainlessProcessor, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  5. datafile

datafile Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The problem is that many people think PayPal is a bank and if PayPal decline the refund they stay with PayPal decision

datafile, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  6. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't suggest you to use PayPal for such a kind of transactions. Try and check a different merchant.

RosuC, Nov 22, 2013 IP