1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the general marketing techniques to promote a brand name through online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by James chartler, Nov 21, 2013.

As i mentioned in the question, i want to know the possible marketing techniques to promote my brand name only through online. Please share what ever ideas you know and you are implementing it in your business.

James chartler, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. Prefixcontent

Prefixcontent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    There are so many ways to promote your brand online! I generally use Twitter to keep my customers up to date with my services, Facebook to spread the brand name across multiple platforms and my blog. Creating a blog is a great idea to promote your business as it not only shows your customers what you are up to , but also shows you are serious enough about your brand!

Prefixcontent, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  3. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    For promoting a brand name online, you have to start ethical SEO and listing your business information on different business networking websites. For Facebook and Twitter, create your company profile page and share your updates, informative posts and about your business products/services and many more to attract visitors.

varindia, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  4. Neeraj Thakur

Neeraj Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    Following are the some easy way to promote your brand online.

Email :-
    Email marketing is still one of the most effective way of communicating with your customers or potential customers online if you have them in your database. A best practice is to divide your database into segments, for example: not likely to make a purchase, likely to purchase, recently purchased, purchased in the past.
    Forums/Review Sites :- There’s a forum for that. Chances are there are people talking about products like yours on many of the review deal sites or forums online today. The best way to find relevant reviews is to do a quick search for “[your product category] forum” or “[your brand] review”. Also be sure to check out generic discussion pavilions like LinkedIn, Amazon, and Quora.
    Social media/Blogs :- Finding the right mix of content has long been a challenging art to master and recently, it has been trending science. Coined by Joe Pulizzi of the Content Marketing Institute, the 4-1-1 rule is a good rule of thumb to use in social media: Every 6 pieces of content should be made up of 4 pieces of new content, 1 recycled piece, and 1 self-promotional piece.
    Banner ads and remarketing :- You’ve probably seen the banner ads of many sites you’ve visited recently on sites that carry top and/or sidebar ad spaces. Banner ads are an effective way to stay top of mind of your customers and drive remarketing traffic to your page.

Neeraj Thakur, Nov 21, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Neeraj Thakur has some good ideas. I would add:

Public Relations (PR) If you develop a "news" story (operative word is "news") that would be of interest to the readers of a news-based website, you can get a lot of free exposure that typically generates very high quality traffic. Note that you have to write a solid press release, provide quotes and graphics (basically do the work of the reporter/editor) and submit it and then follow up with the reporter/editor. Done well, it can be a big boost to your promotion efforts.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what type of brand it is. There is a big difference between the food industry and their approach versus an ebook.

PHPGator, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in my experience, the actual news story will change and the specific media outlets will change, but the process for achieving PR success pretty much stays the same, no matter the market.

jrbiz, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  8. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    Different industries approaches different ways and have a specific group of customers to target. But the process will be approximately same only the market study is very essential.

varindia, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, learn to use your initiative. Thinking for yourself is very important as you have to be innovative; able to research trends; research your niche and understand how people discover content, products and make their decisions to buy; research your audience - learn what they like and come up with ideas that will draw attention to your brand. That is just a brief overview of it. Research to learn more.

After your research, you will understand how to promote your brand. There is not a "generic method/formula" (a fatal mistake to make), but rather understanding your niche and audience. Make a business plan and execute it. Adapt to any changes in the market, your customers requirements (for example, there is no point in stocking products they don't want, instead listen and understand what they want, provide it). Revise your business plan regularly as the market, niche, audience, your business, and so on, change.

ryan_uk, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  10. Katherine Elizabeth

Katherine Elizabeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    from my opinion, You need to create page from all the social media site- facebook, twitter, pinterest, instagram etc. then explore it. You can purchase fake/real like share from fiverr, or any other market place. also you can use addmefast or any other social exchanging website to get like/share for FREE!!!

Katherine Elizabeth, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  11. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I think you should start a blog/website if not possible then go for a facebook fan page, twitter, pinterest and instagram accounts these will help you in better marketing.

Amanda103, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  12. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why don't you be a little more specific, otherwise you have at your disposal the whole encyclopedia of options which may or may not be a match for your purposes.

kingde, Nov 30, 2013 IP