1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you rate this domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by simno, Nov 20, 2013.

Hello. I have this domain I bought for solid project.

Domain name is: [​IMG] (img because don't want it to be indexed)

The project idea was to give few products/services for people that is easy to compare, give them top 3+ also, some cool stuff more and of course as much as possible clear website design. And monetize that all using affiliates and CPA. There's tons of great UK affiliates...
    And well it's not original idea, but it can be.
    What do you guys think about this idea?

Now the problem is that I don't have so much time for building this project and I am thinking about selling. The one thing is that I am completely lost about price. That's why I am here.
    So maybe could some great domain guru give some advice about price for me? Plus or minus.

Looking forward for your advises and thank You in advance!

simno, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  2. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a guru, this is just my opinion, personally I don't like this extention, I'm a big fan of .com and I know they sell. This domain is total useless for the type of business you described.

Webcenter, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  3. simno

simno Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was talking about doing this project only on UK. This is a part of idea. On GB co.uk domains are highly appreciated so...
    Well, that's why co.uk and yes I guarantee is worth it more than you described. But thank you anyway.:)

simno, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Perfect ccTLD for your target market, of course. Better than a .com as although they are used in the UK a .co.uk stands out as being specifically for the UK.

The problem is, there are tons of these sites in the UK already and some big, very successful ones. Then there are the cashback sites, some of which do comparison too (or you can get cashback using a comparison service that they list). If someone is to start a comparison site, what would they offer over the competition? If someone is starting such a site now, a domain is a tiny part of it (an absolutely minuscule part of the budget). The majority of the money is going to be invested in content and marketing. Can anyone actually out-do Compare the Meerkat? I doubt it. Taking all that into consideration, I don't see much value in the domain. Maybe 5-10 years ago, but now a totally cool marketing plan and domains to match will be required.

ryan_uk, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  5. simno

simno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I completely agree with you.
    However if there's already some some projects and sites like this (and even successful ones) it doesn't mean that this wouldn't work. I guaranty it would work and would really make nice money and I guarantee that because I saw even worse websites than those top ones, making nice money. Anyway, thank you for your opinion, I appreciate that.

simno, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  6. XTP605

XTP605 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, i dont go for anything else besides .com's

XTP605, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    If you believed that so much, then you would develop it and promote it.

And what idea can you have about if these other sites are making money or not?

Your sales pitch sounds like that of a desperate person trying to convince someone of fiction.

The fact is, you are going to have to prove it. Develop it, market it, monetise it and then prove it to any potential buyer. Anyone can claim anything about their site's revenue, but legitimately proving it is another matter.

ryan_uk, Nov 21, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. simno

simno Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tons of projects "that I believe so much" or more precisely I know. But there's no time to do it all at the time, so I prioritize them. And here's the one of bellow of my priorities that I am thinking about selling.

I know about these other sites, that I said that made nice money, because I owned it.

Maybe my talks sounds for you like desperate, but your talks here IS desperate.

I am not trying to prove anything, why I would that? I am just answering to your answer, mate. And all I wanted from this thread is to know what you think about price. You said your opinion I thanked, so why you still talking?

simno, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Price? Undeveloped - £2.99 + VAT.

ryan_uk, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  10. simno

simno Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol

simno, Nov 21, 2013 IP