1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to get images for club flyer design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Oveltonx, Oct 31, 2013.

I'm volunteering for a company and i have to make night club flyers. So i need images of women dancing, microphones, speakers etc. Where do i go to get these images free and not have to worry about copyright problems etc?

Oveltonx, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. gregdbowen`

gregdbowen` Member

Best Answers:
    http://search.creativecommons.org You can try here - these photos need attribution at the bottom of the flyer - Remember that for images with individuals that are recognizable, or featured, you need a release.

gregdbowen`, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  3. buzzcrowd

buzzcrowd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont try search at flyerheroes, they have a couple of interesting freebies template. Even though that they offer a psd file, we can always breakdown the file and take whatever element we want in our design.

buzzcrowd, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    averyz and ryan_uk like this.
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Nigel - if you can't afford to pay then learn to make your own. Considering you are making them for a nightclub, it's a surprise that you are unable to (or don't want to, or whatever) pay. Can the nightclub not provide some of the photos? Wouldn't it be so much better if the photos actually related to the club itself and not some other random one? Really, that is just misleading and depending upon the laws in your country could lead to problems with advertising regulators.

ryan_uk, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    averyz likes this.
  6. BumbleBeeTuna

BumbleBeeTuna Member

Best Answers:
    You could always try this website http://www.sxc.hu/ They supply free stock images, and you may find what you are after on there. Be sure to check the license to make sure the photographer is happy with you using it for commercial use! :)

BumbleBeeTuna, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  7. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As said here more of the free image website ask you to leave a line of text in the design that would link to that site and that is not something you can do in flyer. Because the flyer is for print you would need high resolution image and it would be hard to get from sites like istock because that would cost a lot.
    So at this point you best solution is to create vector silhouette of a woman dancing or what you need, that could work well for that kind of flyer.

OaldDesign, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  8. OSS Graphics

OSS Graphics Peon

Best Answers:
    I found http://www.sxc.hu/ website really useful for stock images. Thanks for sharing it :)

OSS Graphics, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  9. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you look around images can be had for not that much, about the price of a drink in a nightclub.

averyz, Jan 6, 2014 IP