1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hummingbird effects on SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shakiba.proba, Nov 18, 2013.

Google has a new search algorithm “Hummingbird”
    What's the main key point of this algorithm and how it effects on SEO?

Solved! View solution.
    shakiba.proba, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  2. kathleen2415

kathleen2415 Member

Best Answers:
    Humming Bird is the current algorithm of Google ,it does not affect your website ranking it is mostly advance the search results and make the result faster.

kathleen2415, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  3. jimmysmart

jimmysmart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Panda and Penguin are part of Google algorithm but Hummingbird itself is an algorithm.

jimmysmart, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  4. dataguru

dataguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its an updated version of Google algo !!!!!!!!
    It helps you to find out exact your search terms with good terms of web links !!!!

dataguru, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  5. jhonsimith.m

jhonsimith.m Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi, search on Google with this keyword "google hummingbird 2013" then open first result. You can get your all ans there.

jhonsimith.m, Nov 18, 2013 IP
    Hummingbird Update by Google should be to meet conversational searches that people wants... So update your site contents with what people want in your sites niche.
    In terms of its effects on SEO, I think the item just highlights benefits of well created natural language.

Abubakar Siddique, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  7. Iulia Lacriceanu

Iulia Lacriceanu Member

Best Answers:
    Hummingbird algorithm mainly better understands contextual queries. It's not a penalizing algorithm (no major penalties have been reported) like Panda and Penguin. It helps websites and users alike, making search results more relevant. If you already have relevant content on your website, then you have nothing to worry about.

As a personal thought, I guess from now on, long tail keywords will become more useful and help rankings.

Iulia Lacriceanu, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to correct a bit @Iulia Lacriceanu because the implementing of Hummingbird affected the websites that were using poor content or spun ones in promoting their backlinks. As well the websites that were promoted by using some private networks like SAPE were very bad penalized.
    Regarding the long tail keywords - I may say that I never used more than 3 words in a search and I got what I need always. The long keywords are good for finding a local or a very specific subject. Still Google has a lot of failure in offering the proper results :)

RosuC, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  9. JackyS

JackyS Member

Best Answers:
    The major fact of Humming Bird is optimize and refresh the search query of Google Search engine for the purpose of provide the exact results to the users.It would gives preference to long term title and keywords.

JackyS, Nov 19, 2013 IP