1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i tracking when the conversion goal is triggered by an email

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by benmoz82, Oct 28, 2013.

Hi,

I work for a company who offer the ability for the user to trade stocks and shares.

At the moment we use GA to monitor the website and conversions. I have tagged the registration process but this only shows me up to when the user has completed the registration form. We then need to do some checks manually and we send the user an email to confirm whether they have been approved or not.

I need to somehow Tag the email so i can confirm whether the user has been accepted for an account or not and so the CID can be picked up by GA...

1)is this possible?
    2) Want or my other options for managing this process?

Thanks

benmoz82, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  2. qlbbroker

qlbbroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are looking to do, but if I do understand correctly you need to tag the link you send in the email where you confirm if the user has been approved or not.

There is a useful tool on Google for doing this: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

We do this in our emails to buyers to track the effectiveness of each email campaign, then in our goal conversion we can see which are coming from email and specifically from each type of campaign.

Hope this helps!

qlbbroker, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  3. MallofStyle

MallofStyle Member

Best Answers:
    You should be able to see under - Acquisition-> All Traffic - (your mail server) Referrals.

MallofStyle, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  4. thanapa

thanapa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanapa, Nov 18, 2013 IP