1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Surprising SEO Case Study – What’s working in Google Now?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by trishseo, Nov 5, 2013.

trishseo, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So its a video about multiple link building techniques from submitting articles and press releases, which was highlighted as the best performer in the video to using social bookmarks, profile links, etc.

I don't believe in anything automated, and as soon as you have this "backlinks campaign" mindset, you are setting yourself up for problems in the future. Instead focus on your website, your products, and your customers. The best people that can market for your are your customers. If they like your service or product, they will keep buying and tell other people.

dvduval, Nov 5, 2013 IP
    indyonline and danasurvey like this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about automation. If a "trick" works now, it may not work as soon as Google makes another update.

danasurvey, Nov 5, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    He meant that doing article submission and press release he was able to achieve #1, #2 ranking in Google. That sounds strange to me, in one response from Google to the reconsideration request I had sent for one of my client it stated that article submission websites are against their guidelines.

http://s9.postimg.org/wotw6wkxr/google_webmstr.jpg

[​IMG]

faizzsheikh, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, and the signature link says "Buy high PR links that literally force your website to the top of Google". I have a pagerank 7 site with some even higher links pointing to my site. I'm doing pretty good, but its not because of the high PR links. People want to hear there is a shortcut to ranking well, and some people buy into that, while others exploit people's gullibility.

dvduval, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  6. mintoz

mintoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Automated link building is like renting Google ranking. You may get some good result now, but you will lose your rankings sooner or later. Some people even can not get the short term high ranking because they don't know anything about Google's rules and can not hide their footprints smartly. So they get penalized immediately by Google.

mintoz, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  7. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what are the ways to automate the process ? Does backlinking still works ? post HUmmingbird update

simple007, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  8. coronaer

coronaer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are 100% right. Unfortunately the coin has also the other side. Manual linkbuilding that follows the guidelines now can get your site hit tomorrow and your whole work with gaining quality links is gone.

Google wants us to work on content 24/7 and wait for miracle to get us on top of search results. It's possible for not so saturated niches that are hard to monetize. They want money from us. And if we want to make money with Google they want charity work from us to cover forgotten niches.

coronaer, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  9. trishseo

trishseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd have to respectfully disagree.

While all that sounds verbatim like the stuff Matt Cutts is telling people to do, the reality is that if no one finds your site, you won't have any customers to market to in the first place. That doesn't mean that I don't think you should never look after your customers but steady, consistent, targeted traffic is a big part of success on the internet.

I'm sure there are many experiences but of all the people I know who do this successfully online, none of them would pass this off as advice.

Besides that, Google considers any link building, manual or not to be against its TOS but the reality is that its algorithm after all these animal updates is still based on links.

The bottom line is that rankings = links and rankings = sales if you know how to do it right.

We're still open to suggestions on what you guys would like to see for the next case study.

trishseo, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "...work on content 24/7" Ha! It does seem that way, doesn't it. But you know, I'm actually swinging over to that concept more and more. I've begun to realize that I am just one lone individual in my later years, in retirement and working on one self-funded, nonprofit website out of my home office. I can't possibly keep up with algorithm changes and all the other stuff going on out there. But what I can do — and I'm giving more and more of my time to it — is keep publishing high-quality, original content that is not just duplicating what's already out there. I took a hit, as many of you did, in Penguin and Panda. I've removed and disavowed a lot of links. But now I'm just going to devote my time to adding high-quality content and, as the saying goes, "let the chips fall where they may".

Jim4767, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but hard to get any sort of air of legitimacy when you are selling "high PR" links in your signature. All the techniques discussed including the last one have been specifically targeted by google. And google has greatly depreciated their use of pagerank. The reality is links play a much smaller role than ever before.

dvduval, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  12. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What Working in Google is natural and slow link building, instead of doing forum posting, article submission, social bookmarking etc.. search with keywords in Google and select discussion, blog, video etc and comment there if possible, this way you would be commenting on those sites which have high ranking related to your keyword, and they would look natural too.

alex06295, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  13. trishseo

trishseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's our internal case study and says so in the video so I'm not sure what you're pointing out that we haven't already. Would you expect a backlink site to not test backlinks?

As for "page rank", the best links are about quality. While PR isn't perfect, quality is a big part of the algorithm and it's a tool that measures the relative quality of a link.

trishseo, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  14. Sheroze

Sheroze Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so autometed links can provide ranking now days I am freelancer SEO Expert DOing SEO from last 2 years I only do mannual submision so I love it :p

Sheroze, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  15. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, isn't buying or selling links a direct violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines? To me, it's an obvious attempt to deliberately manipulate the search engine ranking of a site, and if you do that, you will end up being penalized!

Yes, Google doesn't favor link building for the sake of link building. However, the search engine has nothing against producing high-quality content and promoting it on the Web (which results in a link). Actually, that is what Google engages all website owners to do.

So I wouldn't spend anything on buying any links, and would focus on 2 things:

- producing high-quality content;
    - promoting it on the Web.

There are lots of tools to analyze competitor links and to find great sources to place your content on.

Kianu42, Nov 25, 2013 IP