1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a new website, and need help with SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Timmy Rodriguez, Nov 13, 2013.

Hey guys, I take care of the hard work when it comes to SEO, i write 3 blog posts every day. But theres SO much conflicting information out there about off and on page SEO. People say you want backlinks but then not too many because google with blacklist you, you want keyword tags but not too many..bookmarking works but now it doesnt work. Im just so confused. Can someone please guide me, someone who knows SEO well

Timmy Rodriguez, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  2. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    You do not need to post every day. You can post at the interval of 2-3 days. That is enough if your post after 3 days is very detailed. If you are posting small information(300-400 words). Then you have to post daily.
    Talking about backlinking and bookmarking there is no specific point any one can tell you because it is basically the Google algorithm and no one knows what it is. Every body is telling from their experiences and they have a whole set of different circumstances.
    The best way to learn is to experiment and learn. You are different with your site and so do I, so nothing works generally everywhere. You have to be specific about your own site.
    Natural backlinks are always good. These are the backlinks that people created as linked to your site because your content was very good and therefore content should be appealing.

Rishit Shah, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  3. little_ernesto

little_ernesto Member

Best Answers:
    first thing you have to do on new site is, setting on site SEO. that mean you have to setting your website to meet the basic requirement for SEO, for the example, setting all web/post link to be friendly url, not showing an id post but showing title post in url. setting the meta tag in header. setting the right category. playing around with heading H1, H2, H3, and more. after you do the basic seo onpage, then next time you do is SEO-ing your article, using right keyword and right density keyword, don't spam your keyword in 1 article, spamming tag, and more. after that, you can do backlinking seo, commenting in other web, without spamming, surely. do it for 1-2 week, then you'll see the result

little_ernesto, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  4. ith3rm17

ith3rm17 Member

Best Answers:
    It's frustrating, I had the same experience trying to find out what works or not.
    1. Challenge yourself to create compelling content. ( so users will like or share and return )
    2. use h1 only once per page, h2 no more than 10. ( make sure h1 has the keyword, h2 just sub topics)
    3. 4keywords/400words posts ~ 1%; do not exceed 3% including keywords on heading tags, on sidebars etc (per page)
    4. skip Page Rank for now and focus on content, skip bookmarking too.
    5. The most important for new sites is to target your keywords well.

ith3rm17, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  5. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    I guess.. you should hire a professional SEO expert for that and watch and learn how he do on page and off page for you. Also you know many things from his/her experience and then you start it by your own. thanks

John Michael, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  6. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posting everyday won't get you better SEO ranking as you can post between 2-6 days to keep your website fresh and healthy. You should first focus on your content quality rather than traffic.. Spend some months making useful content and then jump into SEO market and try to get good ranking. But if you still want to share your blog to more public, you should try posting back links or guest posting..

Good luck

WebDeveloperSahil, Nov 16, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  7. sonu211

sonu211 Member

Best Answers:
    glad to see here some good replies . Actually SEO required some patience :) . All above replies are helpful . keep follow them and keep working on your site it will take some months then you will see the result .

sonu211, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  8. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posting regularly or adding fresh content is just a myth. I have sites that haven't been updated since years, 4+ years. But they still receive organic traffic and have kept their good positions on SERP's since years.

Meta tags (except description) don't work anymore.
    Backlinks (except dofollow links on relevant pages of high authority sites) don't work.
    Bookmarking has never worked.

Quality content and onpage optimization work. You can disregard all the other factors. User experience and interaction with your pages plays a bigger role than before. Classical SEO is dead. Set up a site properly, add some good content and forget it until you need to review a comment.

makeit easy, Nov 16, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.