1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Densities what is the recommended percentage?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mungo2007, Nov 12, 2013.

Hi All

I think i am having a problem with keyword densities on some of my sites. What is the recommended main keyword density for a page?

Also does Google look at text links with the keyword and consider this part of the overall keyword density for a page or does it look at keyword text links in a different way?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mungo2007, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  2. raglanville1

raglanville1 Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density should be 1% - 3% and should read naturally. Google will penalize for keyword stuffing. Using the keyword in a link is fine from your side. I'd just make sure it points to related content.

raglanville1, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  3. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use the keywords excessively, make sure that the keyword align with the content of the article.
    I would also suggest you to learn more about semantic keywords and try to use them as much possible.

faizzsheikh, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  4. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The normal keyword density should be in the range 2%-4% but I saw many sites (in Auto niches) where the KD touches to 20% for some major keywords and those sites still rank high in SERPs.

webdev007, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. davisgd

davisgd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google might factor text links into KD, but I think a bigger factor might be your anchor text density. Try diversifying it a bit and see if that helps. Example: Instead of having "flying donkeys" as your text link, change it to "donkeys that can fly" or something like that.

davisgd, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  6. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword Percentage should be 2% - 3%.
    That mean, for every 100 words you can use up to 3 times your exact keyword.
    But i recommend for a 500 word length content use one time as your "exact keyword phrase" and use some LSI keywords in that content, concentrate secondary keyword too in that content. It will help you
    Example
    ======
    If your keyword is "best photography cameras" means you can use the same phrase only once inside the 500 words content, and pick some secondary keywords related to this keyword and try to optimize inside the content

rogerbinny, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  7. garry420

garry420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well can anyone give me proof or some something that gives surety that its 2-3% an article or blog will do..

garry420, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  8. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not specify any percentage for Keyword Density..What they have said is it should be natural..at the first time when we use our keyword,Google bot finds it interesting and give priority to it..after using keywords two or three times, after that Google bots don't give much priority to that word and does it looks unnatural to them..

diziadvice, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  9. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi in my opinion Keyword Density measurement is normally is 2% - 5% because how many time you have use your keyword in web page..

SASA Techno, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  10. kathleen2415

kathleen2415 Member

Best Answers:
    There is no exact percentage of keyword density that Google provides. Some says it's 2% - 5% but most people range it from 1% - 5%/ The most important thing here is that the actual percentage that is best for you will depend on your chosen keyword(s) and your particular industry or niche. A popular keyword in a popular niche will probably require a higher density, say 4 to 5 percent, than less commonly searched keywords. For a small, less competitive niche, a density around 2 to 3 percent may be sufficient.

kathleen2415, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  11. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you keep your keyword density within 2%, it would be good I would say.

alex06295, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget density! That only matters when you are writing for the search engines!

Write for people! Forget keyword density! It will suck you in and you'll be forced to abide by its rules.

F*** keyword density! Write for people not for search engine!

Mkcoy, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Keyword density" is not a big SEO issue these days. Rather than aim for a specific keyword density, make sure that your page contains a variety of words/phrases that are essentially synonyms for or are related to your main keyword.

For example, if your keyword is "cats", don't just repeat cats X amount of times. Rather, include related words such as: feline, meow, pussycat, scratching post, cat food, "good mouser", pets, etc. The latest search algorithms are increasingly growing sophisticated enough to get a composite picture of what your page is about by seeing all these phrases, not just the frequently-repeated use of "cats".

Jim4767, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  14. dumitrumidon

dumitrumidon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Imagine a person which when talk and repeat words more than it should be. You will observe that without any calculator and percentage identification. IMHO, when you write a content try to do it look naturally, and insert there only words that you want to hear about your business.

dumitrumidon, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  15. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes exactly. When you are writing for keyword density you are limiting your writing options. Just write about the topic you are writing about and the keyword density will be exactly how it should be.

Mkcoy, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  16. dumitrumidon

dumitrumidon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a great reply to your question. Good to watch.

dumitrumidon, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  17. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely you are right @Jim4767. I completely agree with you. Using LSI Keywords in your content surely boost up the search engine results

rogerbinny, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  18. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uhhh no. Having LSI keyword embedded articles does not "boost up the search engine results".

I wish it was that easy!

Mkcoy, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  19. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, c'mon, there is no such thing as ideal keyword density of a page or site. This is something SEOs invented themselves.
    If you write naturally and coherently, you'll never go over the topi with keywords. One's text needs to be really illegible to be considered keyword-stuffed.

Kianu42, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  20. Gauravthemarketer

Gauravthemarketer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no recommended density of Keywords in SEO.

But, if you want to improve your keyword density, then repeat your keyword in title, first and last para and any h2 heading tag of your blog post.

This strategy does the work.

Gauravthemarketer, Nov 19, 2013 IP