1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I was offered $400 for a domain. A few questions...

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by PH111, Aug 31, 2013.

I have a domain which I haven't had to time to do anything with. I basically set up a basic classifieds site and let it sit. About six months ago I got a $150 offer on Sedo. I didn't race to accept it and the offer expired. The other day, I got a direct email from someone asking if the domain was for sale. I said yes and asked how much he wanted to buy it for. He just replied "$400". I asked if he'd be okay if I auctioned it on ebay or Godaddy and gave him the link. I forgot I had it listed on Sedo. He then just replied that he preferred Moniker Escrow. I told him I'd get somethings setup with Moniker and get back to him very shortly.

Shortly after, I registered the few remaining domains available with synonym keywords. One of which was actually shorter than the original domain. What would be best? Should I offer him a package including my newly registered domains and increase the price? Take the $400 and continue building my classifieds site with one of my new domains names in the future? Or go crazy with SEO/SEM and try to list my package of domains on Sedo or Snapnames, set a $400 reserve, and send him the link but risk having him get tired of waiting?

I'll post my domain names as an image tomorrow. I first want to update some things.

thanks,
    PH111

PH111, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  2. bleedcodered

bleedcodered Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just sell your domain and enjoy.
    Not everyone get this offers

bleedcodered, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you should sell the domain name, when everything is fine, you received the payment then you can suggest that you have few domain names related to the domain name he bought, if he may be interested..

In the sales process, don't disturb your buyer, don't show greediness, follow what they want if you like their pricing.

SERPpoint, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  4. PH111

PH111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I inserted an image of the domain I was offered money for and the other domains I have. If I sell the first domain, any idea which one I should use to make my own site with? I still want want to make one in this niche when I have more time. Please just type the number. I don't want this thread to come up in search results.

domains.png

PH111, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd prefer #2 if it had an s
    Next choice would be 3

Make sure you tie down that offer :)

sarahk, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  6. svfox

svfox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He wants $1000. Then he would want $4000. If its worth $4000 then its worth $10,000.
    If you can't value your own website no one here can. We don't know what it is first of all.
    Just give him only what he asked for and take the money.

svfox, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  7. LaughingBearInc

LaughingBearInc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't let your dreams of bigger dollar signs bugger the sale. Just sell the main one, then offer the rest in a package deal.

LaughingBearInc, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  8. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly as LaughingBearInc said. Don't be too greedy. You should have your customer on the 1st place. Sell it, let your customer enjoy it for a while, and then ask him if he/she is interested in similiar domain names. And If happens something like "I am so stupid, I sold it for $400 and after few days I got an a 800$ offer. Don't think about this, - that's just business. Sometimes we are up and sometimes we are down.

TheAnimatorGuy, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  9. domainloco.net

domainloco.net Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sell it, make him wait a few days to reply and you might have him raise the offer. Just be patient and don't get greedy.

domainloco.net, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  10. StratDomain

StratDomain Member

Best Answers:
    A piece of advice: seriously consider the $400. "Condominium" is a difficult word to spell for many people and I don't imagine many people trying to spell it out when searching the internet for a condo-related website. I mean, there is a reason why it's commonly abbreviated as "condo."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    StratDomain, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My suggestion is to sell it and move on. Especially if you paid reg. fee for it.. If you wanted, you could consider offering him the other domains inside you registered as a package, but don't go crazy on price. If you registered three more names then charge him maybe $75-$100 more. He can easily check the whois records and see that you just registered them.

Keep in mind, $400 is a good return on your investment. Especially if you only paid reg. fee - sell it, take that money, and re-invest some of it!

FPForum, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  12. iatalay

iatalay Peon

Best Answers:
    PH111, I realy wonder about the latest status of your sales. Did you sell your domain?
    As my friends explained above, $400 is the best offer such a difficult spell domain indeed.

iatalay, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  13. crazy4warez

crazy4warez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Had I been in your shoes, I'd have quickly accepted the offer and sold the domain. Its a difficult to spell domain and is a little lengthy as well. $400 is a good enough offer and you should certainly go on with the deal. After completing the transaction, however, you can offer him to buy other similar domains which you have.

crazy4warez, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And if he's willing to spend 10k he will go all the way up it a billion dollars..........

Let's get real. If he offered 400 maybe he will go to 450.... I doubt he would go much higher.

Condominium is such a difficult word to spell I hesitated as I typed it out. Sell it. Condo ads or condo ad sounds better anyway.

NetStar, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  15. waqascheema

waqascheema Member

Best Answers:
    sell it $400 is a very good offer ...

waqascheema, Nov 15, 2013 IP