1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog posting image doubt in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rogerbinny, Nov 15, 2013.

Hi,
    I'm handling a blogger blog spot sub-domain. I used to update my blog weekly twice.While creating the content i used to add one unique image with "alt", "title" and caption

after publishing the content while i click the image it shows the image url like
    "1.bp.blogspot.com/-tmKBg4ZkpFc/Uhc6FvIwMKI/AAAAAAAAAaU/x2KQNu0IJPbs/s1600/example.jpg"

Now my question is,
    1) instead of this, shall i give the blog home page url linking to the image (if some one click the image it goes to homepage)
    or
    2) may i give the url of the particular blogpost to image? ((if some one click the image it goes to the same blog post)
    which one i should go for or the previous one is correct?
    Help and suggestion needed

Blog posting image optimization doubt in SEO

Solved! View solution.
    rogerbinny, Nov 15, 2013 IP
    I think what you are asking is, "can I link my image to the home page or to another page of the blog" and the answer is: sure you can, if this makes sense for the user. There are no SEO issues with this. Link your image to wherever you want the user to end up when clicking on the image.

Note: linking an image does not change its URL, it only sets the target URL (where the link will be taking the user, when clicked).

I hope this answers your question!

PhilipSEO, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  3. Web Business India

Web Business India Member

Best Answers:
    Great, Totally agree with PhilipSEO.

Web Business India, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  4. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your answer.It is right.

Pooja Gupta, Nov 15, 2013 IP