1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on a webhosting service

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by faizzsheikh, Nov 13, 2013.

Hi Everyone!

I already have an experience with bluehost, godaddy and hostgator.

They claim to provide unlimited hosting, space, domain (on shared). The only thing that bothers me is their limit for number of database tables.

Bluehost have a limit of 10000 tables only. You can have one file with 100GB but cannot have more than 10000 database table of 1GB.

Is there a reliable/good webhosting with their regular shared hosting plan that provides limitless space and database tables?

Thank You,
    Faiz

faizzsheikh, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nobody will give you that, in shared hosting database queries is highest resource hogs

you will need a vps for that with 2-3gb ram, you can get it for like 20-30$ a month.

competent123, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  3. little_ernesto

little_ernesto Member

Best Answers:
    wow man, what kind of website you make using 10K tables? and what kind of hosting did you have in godaddy, and other? have you try something like dedicated server or vps??

little_ernesto, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  4. Abhirath Mahipal

Abhirath Mahipal Member

Best Answers:
    Shared Web Hosting is definitely not your choice.
    Tried Dream Host ? I've never used dream host. Worth checking. Heard good reviews about them

Abhirath Mahipal, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  5. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess Fatcow will suit your needs according to my experience.

hosting_spec80, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  6. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many websites you want to host? What is the current usage of your websites? What is your budget for a stable and reliable hosting plan?

MilesWeb, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  7. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By our professional review of your issue posted here, VPS with at least 3 core CPU and 4GB RAM would be a good solution for you.

euro-space, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. Greg Ramos

Greg Ramos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't sign up to any of those hosts you've listed above. First godaddy specializes in domains their hosting control panel sucks. The two other providers you've mentioned are EIG owned which isn't good at all. Host gator was a wonderful provider but when they got sold and started moving servers they started going downhill. Consider finding a host that is privately owned and small this way they can dedicate resources and time to you and your site.

Greg Ramos, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    nhed likes this.
  9. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have also had a same experience regarding database. But since I migrated to new host, I haven't faced such issues again. WebhostUK LTD would be a better option to consider.

Andy01, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  10. euro-space

Best Answers:
    - For the UK based hosting companies there's good forum with the offers from the reliable companies - www.webhostchat.co.uk

euro-space, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  11. Lee @ Cyber Relief

Lee @ Cyber Relief Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How much Bandwidth and Storage does your website(s) take up? By the sounds of things you may want to go down the dedicated server route however if the memory is not to high we can host you.

Lee @ Cyber Relief, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  12. ptrade

ptrade Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not use namecheap !? They have an unlimeted plan on their shared hosting program! Definately worth taking a look. Namecheap rules!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    ptrade, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    10,000 tables? Trust must even if you had 100 web sites you wouldn't need to use 10,000 tables. You may need to read a tutorial on designing relational databases.

NetStar, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  14. Interactiveonline

Interactiveonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know why you need 10k tables but I'll recommend you to use vps with root access for this aims definitely

Interactiveonline, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  15. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As it said many time, people who care about their web hosting experience and expecting a good performance, should avoid "unlimited" offers.

euro-space, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  16. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amen to that! The personal touch is what differs companies in hosting nowadays, the resources most companies can afford on a single shared server are pretty much equal, as they use the same storages, datacenters etc. At the end of the day it comes down to the sweet extras ;)

And more ontopic do you actually need storage space for databases? Because if they're connected to a website I would really like to see this champ :) Personal advice - if its looked logically how can you give anything "unlimited" when it comes to server resources? Or for that matter anything that can be measured. If I offer you unlimited number of apples how would you expect to really receive them even if I provide all the apples in the world.

Rado_ch, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  17. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    I've had some pretty interesting bugs with GoDaddy, but I'm absolutely useless when it comes to web hosts and what to look for etc. They have a 24/7 phone line and fix everything I break, so I'm content I guess? :p

aidanriley629, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  18. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    It can be the personal touch that does has a factor, that isn't usually discussed, when it comes to choosing your web hosting company. If you are looking to move away from some of the giants for your web hosting services then consider the factor of client care when you make your choice for a new hosting plan.

JPC-Sabrina, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  19. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's not such thing as "unlimited". If you are running out of resources in a shared hosting plan, you have to consider upgrading to a VPS or dedicated server.

Winagain, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dream Host Sucks. The backend user interface is almost as bad as godaddy and full of bugs.. they have basically no support.

They are the 2nd worst host I have had to use, just below godaddy.

averyz, Nov 25, 2013 IP