1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who cracks this problem?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by PMB, Nov 10, 2013.

Hi there,

I still could not solve this proble"m:
    2010 website, PR 1, used to be found at several keywords.
    And, BING still finds the website
    But GOOGLE webmaster tools says: no search results
    I know i don't have a whole hell of a lot links from .com adresses
    But i just CANT figure out what to do to get some search results in google.

It all started with PANDA obviously, but i did the work, and don't know what to do next.
    here's the website:
    http://www.project-manager-basics.com

Can you crack my problem and give me some advise?
    (or a whole hell of a lot link excanges...haha)

Kind regards
    Martin

PMB, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is indexed but not showing up in search results.
    1. You can create a Facebook or Twitter account and see if it comes in Top 100 in Google(Just an effort for SEO)
    2. Try disavowing links from your Google Webmasters Tools that you think are spammy.
    3. Check the robots.txt file, in case if you have any problems with.
    4. Make sure you have not over optimized your site.(check keyword density for that.)
    5. The website is not at all user friendly. Make it.
    6. You should give some external links.(There is no external links.)
    7. No robots.txt file is found and you should configure it so that the bots can easily crawl your site.
    8. You have 16 internal links on the homepage of which all are nofollow. You should make it dofollow otherwise what is use of PR1.
    I think after this your site will show up in Google. In case not try building some links.

Rishit Shah, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  3. PMB

PMB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Rishit,

Thanx for the advice, i try to start working on all of them.
    I have to questions though.
    1) how can i figure i have nofollow link, i really cant see that, not even in my menu bar even, what did i miss?
    2) i thought robot txt is only neccesarry if you want to block out some data, i never use it. Can you tell me how i should effectivley use it?

Hope you can get me some more info.

PMB, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  4. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is listed in Google. So, it seems you just have a ranking issue. The site looks pretty week in terms of backlinks and project management is a reasonably competitive niche. So, it's possible the site simply isn't authoritative enough to rank well for anything people are searching for. The site also looks like it could use some work on the on-page SEO. So, you may be able to fix things by reworking the optimization of the site, producing remarkable content and building an audience. It's hard to say without a full SEO audit.

lesterj, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    If your keyword is "project management" or "project management basics", it could be that the site got penalized because it screams over-optimization.
    It's too good to be true (in my opinion)
    Id grab a key word website auditor and check the percentage of that keyword on your site. I bet it's going to be high, like over 10%.
    So, I would add more useful, unique content with synonyms, not your target keyword.
    I'd also try to attract/build some links, and I wouldn't use the money keyword as the anchor. I'd use something else or the raw URL, but would put the links into the context that has your keyword(s)

Kianu42, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  6. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    Your website already indexed in Google. All you have to do is to work on keyword rankings.
    1) Add more content to website (especially images, videos etc)
    2) Link home page link from all the inner pages.
    3) Try to integrate blog/discussion to increase the authority of the website
    4) Give meaningful sentence as meta tags especially title & meta desc.
    5) Remove meta keyword tag from your website. Its of no use now.
    6) Integrate social media profiles & sharing options - especially Google+ (it allows you to notify google faster than any other website.)
    7) build back links to website from niche websites.

emilystephi, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  7. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    * Include Robots.txt
    * Implement 301 re direction setup
    * Check your title and meta description tags (they are not optimized)
    * Build quality backlinks

Your website niche has huge competition, your competitors are big players including colleges and institutions. You should really consider checking whether your website content is over optimized.

8. PMB

PMB Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your replies.
    It seems i got a lot of work to do to make this website to really stand out in the crowd.
    I was hoping that there was one big error i overlooked, that made all my search words disappear in google.

I give the 'cracked this problem' award to all you guys, but especially i'm going for content, meta tags and bringing down overoptimization.

Thanx for the help!

PMB, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  9. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. To see that your link is dofollow or nofollow select the particular link and right click. Then select inspect element and you will see the result.
    2. Ya you are right about robots.txt, but it never hurts to have an option. So you can get some info about it here at : http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/robots-txt-tutorial-for-beginners/

Rishit Shah, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  10. Steve Oren

Steve Oren Member

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to these guys & galls as they are not checking your websites HTMLs content, instantly I saw the problem, you have SPAMMED yourself twice. I always check and recheck before uploading.

Steve Oren, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  11. DIA_8497

DIA_8497 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Make on page changes, check your links.html, may be a site listed their you may have exchanged links with it, check on this. Also adsense on your website, don't overdo, the look n feel of the site is not so good, i would recommend on page changes first then you can look forward to other changes.

DIA_8497, Dec 30, 2013 IP