1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

On page analyze and some of my confusion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tanvirbd, Nov 9, 2013.

Hello friends, I have blog, and I have created my blog without knowing proper SEO. I need to solve some of my confusion please help.

1. Should I Index my tags ? can I use my keywords in tags ?
    2. What is the perfect on page guideline after all updates ?
    3. how to know my site has some on page problem. any tools or software to fixed my on page problem like; duplicate content or duplicate anything.

I hope someone will answer my questions. please don't refer me to use a paid tools, right now I am a learner, give me the free option.

Thanks in advance.

tanvirbd, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  2. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am of the school that does not hold blog tags to be terribly important for SEO. You can use keywords in them. I don't think your tags can hurt you. There is much worry about the "duplicate content" and "think content" that tags can allegedly create on your blog post, but this results simply from a misunderstanding of Google's warnings. If you are worried, don't try to use multiple keyword variations in your tags, especially if they are aligned with any services your site offers commercially; e.g. don't use "designer," "designers," "design," "designing" etc.; stick with just one keyword and reuse it. It's a good practice to use your categories for top level navigation, with the tags providing a lower level. However, to repeat, I don't believe this makes a great deal of difference.

Put relevant keywords in your title tags. Use relevant keywords when hyperlinking your pages. Use URL canonicalization to deal with possible duplicate content issues.

Don't worry about tools. Follow the simple steps I have stated under 2 and you'll be fine.

PhilipSEO, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  3. tanvirbd

tanvirbd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many thanks to you sir. Its great to find people like you who always like to support people. thanks again.

tanvirbd, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  4. emilystephi

emilystephi Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with philipSEO. However, you can also structure your webpages based on your topic category as well.
    Hope you are optimizing your URLs and including keywords on it.

emilystephi, Nov 13, 2013 IP