1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Better Handling Of Non-Paying Bidders

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Nov 12, 2013.

The system now has the ability for an auction holder to automatically give a system warning to a non-paying bidder if the auction holder decides to cancel the bid under specific circumstances.
    • Bidder didn't pay (obviously)
    • Auction is set up for Instant Pay (only way we know if it was actually paid or not)
    • It's been 7 days since the auction ended
    • Bidder is the last bidder (prevents a seller from going through all the bids and issuing warnings for them all by canceling each bid)
    upload_2013-11-12_20-44-14.png

This means that someone could end up banned (depending on their existing warning points) for not paying for something they bid on without the need for mods to get involved.

digitalpoint, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks good but if someone got trigger happy then after decided to reverse the warning, is such an option available?

Spoiltdiva, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nope. But they won't have the option if the winning bidder paid within 7 days of the auction ending, so it's kind of moot.

Under what scenario would the winning bidder not pay for a week, then the auction holder canceled their bid after a week of non paying and accidentally tagged them as non-paying when they meant they DID pay?

4. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    FreeFun4Every1, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sellers can already choose which country to allow bids from... So if someone in India doesn't want people in India to bid, they can prevent it already. See this thread: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/optional-restrictions-on-sales.2680798/

But even so, it doesn't force the seller to give a warning. Not sure why a seller would flag someone as non-paying if they were a paying customer (even if using a different payment method).

ryan_uk and FreeFun4Every1 like this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ya that's correct, I guess after a week it's fairly obvious it wouldn't get resolved by exchanging PM's. (Unless of course there were some kind of extenuating circumstances)
    Thanks for clarifying.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    At the end of the day, the bidder is bound to pay for the item if the bid they make is the winning bid. It's up to them to pay within 7 days of winning, or work out whatever extenuating circumstances they have.

If they can't pay within 7 days of the auction closing, they should never have bid.

8. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    hmm I also think 7 Days are enough time if bidder really wants to pay..so after 7 days if seller takes this kind of action on him so will they get 1 warning point or any other restrictions are also applied like he/she cannot bid for any sell thread for next 7 days etc..?

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's more severe than a "normal" warning... it's more than 1 point and lasts longer than 3 months.

10. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Already raised this concern via pm to shawn yet i think shawn may not going to implement anything for that :(

Techking, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    That's good enough ;)

12. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk and digitalpoint like this.
  13. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi. Yes I am glad DP sorted out this issue, which was a major concern for all honest sellers and buyers. DP marketplace is more protected now and I can already see the jump in sales and action on DP in lieu of the new rules. Super effort by mods for constantly exceeding our expectations.

* Yes, the India to India paypal payment is a big concern . However, its a constraint by Paypal so DP can't do much about it. The only way around it is to get paid via MB or bank and cancel the bid (without issuing any warning) - This also depends on the trust factor between buyer and seller. Also, there is no way to get feedback this way.. but atleast there wont be a negative warning.

simplyjo, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  14. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for quoting .I know its Paypal and RBI issue but atleast we can do is update the same in DP rules and when any indian bidder going to bid on any thing ,one confirm note should show that "You're from India and you're going to bid on indian member bid " .It will only help buyers to improve their ratings rather than get mark of unpaid .

Techking, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  15. Fiverscripts

Fiverscripts Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes.. this change was long overdue in my opinion i personally had this loads and has many support pms from frustrated users... nice one :)

Fiverscripts, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  16. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    terrymason, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When did you try to cancel the bid? Considering the 7 days to pay window finished only 4 minutes ago, maybe you haven't tried it in the last 4 minutes?

digitalpoint, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  18. terrymason

Best Answers:
    Argh!
    I was looking at the time of the bid, not the time of the auction end - my bad. This worked perfectly.

Thanks.

19. terrymason

Best Answers:
    Another questions - I see that you mentioned this:
    • Bidder is the last bidder (prevents a seller from going through all the bids and issuing warnings for them all by canceling each bid)
    And I understand why, but does this mean that their bid wasn't binding? I'd like to PM the number two bidder (since the first was a non-payer), but is this in accordance with the DP rules? Meaning, is the number 2 bidder obligated to pay if 1 doesn't?

20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can offer to sell it to them, but once they are outbid, they are no longer bound to purchase it if they don't want to. For example if they were outbid, they may have gone and purchased a different site to suit their needs after they were outbid.

digitalpoint, Nov 25, 2013 IP