1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest marketing bloggers - how do I pick the right blogger for a guest blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013.

Hi, I am looking for a guest blogger for a marketing blog that has been running successfully for over a year now and want a guest blogger to blog every 2 months or so on the site.

I am hoping this will help with SEO and help with the growth of the blog

How do I go about picking the right marketing blogger?

Know any good marketing bloggers that might be interested?

Thank you! All comments much appreciated!

Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you want to buy a guest blogger for once every 2 months?

its better you buy high quality researched articles for 5-10$

competent123, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  3. Asmith20

Asmith20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the idea! I am looking for reciprocal linking so I would post on their blog and them on mine, so I would not buy a guest blogger. 2 months is just a rough estimate at the moment. If any one else has any ideas I would love to hear them!

Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  4. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    post exchange is a bad idea, as you would be exchanging links as well. Per Google link exchange is not good for your blog/ website's health. It might be penalized. @competent123 is right, instead of exchange you can buy good post but you can't buy good content for just $5 - $10. You'll have to spend close to $25 - $50, depending upon the experience and knowledge of writer. Person who is guest blogging on the most popular marketing blogs, like crazyegg, SEMRush, SearchEngineJournal.com, business2community, etc. may charge even $100 to $200 per post, which will give huge boost to your blog.

khemraj, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  5. Asmith20

Asmith20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So what you are saying is that It okay to get guest posts but exchanging links is not a good idea. I think you have a good point. I think I may have a look into bloggers just to guest post on the blog and not exchange links.

Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  6. Asmith20

Asmith20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Woo rank wrote an interesting article on the topic of guestbloggers. What are your opinions on it?

Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  7. Asmith20

Asmith20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    blog(dot)woorank(dot)com/2013/06/guest-blogging-as-an-excellent-seo-practice/

Asmith20, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  8. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's way off for a well researched, high quality article unless you know something I don't and I'm being ripped off!

As others have said I wouldn't bother with exchanging. You will find loads of bloggers willing to provide you with good content for free from the sites below, if your own site is half decent.

http://www.blogdash.com/
    http://www.bloggerlinkup.com/
    http://www.blogsynergy.com/
    http://www.guestblogit.com/
    http://myblogguest.com/
    https://www.guestbloggenius.com/

jamesbrands, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  9. PolkaDotMarketing

PolkaDotMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's been running well for over a year and you have a good number of viewers, did you try approaching other successful bloggers and proposing reciprocal linking like you've mentioned? That's what I'd suggest. Just find bloggers whose articles you like and know they could write something good for you as well

PolkaDotMarketing, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  10. Asmith20

Asmith20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advice! We have a few blogs thinking about contacting now. Hopefully the guest blog will improve our SEO.

Asmith20, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  11. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woah woah woah HOLD UP!

Ive read on here, in this section just now that people are advising you to buy high quality pre written articles from $5 -$10!.....BIG MISTAKE!

Why would you think about buying content that has been bought over, and over, and over again. Remember GOOGLE doesn't like duplicate content at all, go ahead and spend $5- $10 on pre written articles that have been purchased a thousand times that do absolutely nothing for your search ranking or.....

Start creating content yourself for the niche market you are working in, either this or get a good content creator to do this for you....seriously! :)

Adam.jack, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  12. cwcbiz

cwcbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I agree with Adam. Creating your own content about your niche market. Also this program is something that I have used a lot in the past. I have found partners here that are reliable and genuine. http://v3.jvnotifypro.com/account/ (sorry wouldn't let me add the link). There are also a lot of sites out there where you can get articles for free. Article Directories will also give you an idea of what is out there and presentation of articles. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    cwcbiz, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  13. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Use a guest blogging community, just make sure that the particular community moderates the content well, or not - else you might end up with a lot of spammy content.

It is always difficult to choose a blogger, much easier if you choose a post or two every month. Try supplementing it with a few of your own content, written by you or purchased from a freelance writer.

If your blog has value and good stats, you will get higher quality guest posts - so keep working on your own blog.

uttoransen, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  14. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Adam, instead of tapping guest bloggers to create posts for your blog, it is more practical to work on those quality posts yourself, that way you can get the posts you needed without shelling a cent or linking back to a number of other sites in your niche.

Isadore Gregory, Nov 12, 2013 IP