1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Promote Your Blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nicheguybob, Oct 27, 2013.

I was wondering what methods people use to promote their blogs/website/content. Is it mostly through social networking?

Nicheguybob, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  2. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on whether you want to focus on traffic, rankings or branding. They are all closely related and overlap, but slightly different in their own right.

For fast traffic focus on social media including videos and press releases. Long term think rankings.
    For rankings focus on link building with relevant high pr links and a little social media so it looks natural.
    For branding think images, videos and press releases

Hope this helps

Cyberchoices, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Same way you'd promote any other website: Facebook, G+, Twitter, Pinterest, various forums and classifieds, AdWords and AdCenter.

qwikad.com, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  4. GuyJoe

GuyJoe Peon

Best Answers:
    First thing is to make sure any content you post is optimized for on page SEO so the content you post has the best possible chances for rankings in the search engines.

You then should focus on dominating one or two marketing methods before moving onto any others. Getting social is usually the best since blogging is really all about being social with your readers through comments on your blog. Start with Facebook and get involved with groups that are closely related to your blogs topic(s). Build relationships with larger blogs and their followers (people leaving comments on their blogs) Of course guest posting on high traffic blogs is also very powerful if you can get your foot in the door. But that's a whole other subject.

GuyJoe, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  5. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Social media, make sure your blog is listed in the vast array of blog directories, comment on like-minded blogs with good quality comments to entice readers to your blog.

web3k, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  6. MadzcoHosting

MadzcoHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    A good way to promote your blog is to find some forums that don't mind if you use your URL in the signature. Then post in those forums and be helpful and nice. Try to be as wordy as possible as forum owners generally like seeing their users posting more words than "Yeah! I agree" as a reply. For example, In the agreement case you may want to list a couple sentences of why you agree or disagree and what may be done to help resolve the issue, if any are present.

I hope this helps ;)

MadzcoHosting, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  7. Scritty

Scritty Peon

Best Answers:
    The full monty. Effective profile beased SEO, social marketing and paid marketing.

For the long term - social marketing wins. It beats Google dips and peaks as it does not rely on them. Get your brand out on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin if appropriate to your niche
    SEO, get high on Google, Yahoo and Bing. Content, site updates and links (though these days I talk about profiles not links)
    Paid?
    If you have a time specific offer coming up. Selling Haloween costumes and it's the 25th October. Get some paid advertising in the sort of forums, blogs and sites where traffic for those products. Remeber to be very specific where you advertise with this kind of marketing though - or you can waste money. A deceent eye catching banner can work wonders (look on Fiverr or somewhere similar to get one made)

Other than that it's keep pushing. Add content, make connections, create links, add value - sleep - start again.

Scritty

Scritty, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    well , it depends on promoter,
    some of the marketer like to promote their blogs, or service at social media,which is a power now.but you can use other ways too. like guest posting, article posting, forums posting, press release etc.

dean1122, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  9. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit links to your articles on places like Stumbleupon, Reddit and Digg. In some cases these sites can deliver huge amounts of traffic.

TwitterWizard, Oct 29, 2013 IP
    happywilly likes this.
  10. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    use all seo techniques. like
    guest blog posting,
    forum posting with profile,
    Social media marketing,
    article marketing etc.

Matt Alen, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  11. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you mention some reliable guest blog posting sites for me?

atsad, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  12. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is the best working promotion method so far for my site. I personally don't like to rank because of the regular Google Updates. My two sites have been slapped by them in the past.

xtragudboi, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  13. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    if you are looking for back links. just search from google . do follow blogs but should be according to your niche.

Matt Alen, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  14. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is one of many other ways to promote your content.
    1) start with the basic - make content that is viral in nature. that way, even with less promotions it will spread well.
    2) Make a list - that way, you will have an access to your visitors for later marketing.
    3) configure social media - make social profiles and connect them with your sites.

once you have done the basics - start marketing as much as you can. if you do not have a budget, try the free marketing methods - like blog commenting, guest blogging etc.

if you do have a budget, try the other methods like - PPC, infographics, guest blogging for bigger sites etc.

uttoransen, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  15. jimbo21

jimbo21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a specific tip, here's one easy way to pull traffic to your blog:

1. Include lots of images on your blog (At LEAST 2-3 relevant images per blog post).
    2. Build up your pinterest account by purchasing some Fiverr gigs.
    3. Pin all of your blog posts to Pinterest.

This can be a huge traffic generator! Every image is also a backlink to your site and has the potential to go viral on Pinterest.

jimbo21, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  16. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Social marketing is a great way to go about it, as you reach a multitude of reader and prospective traffic at a time, but do not forget that updating your blog and creating regular interesting blog posts will also do the trick. Do not forget to tap other avenues, too, like e-mail subscriptions, Tumbler, forums and Facebook groups.

Isadore Gregory, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  17. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As I read above try post in a couple of forums. In every post add good content and in the signature add your blog or one of your newest articles. Make sure your answer is related to your signature so everybody have the desire to read more and click your link.

azulita, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  18. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posting in forums and leaving a signature to your website or blog.

Dionne Taylor, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  19. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Creating Backlinks & genuinely providing value in forums.

Ethan Alvin, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  20. Bakemacake

Bakemacake Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is my recipe for success with blogs.
    First, you need to have clear desired outcomes in mind. Like Cyberchoices wrote, you need to ahat kind of end result you are after.

Then, I would focus on:
    Understanding my tArget audience. What kind of material do they count as valuable? What kinds of blogs are they already reading?
    What are those blogs doing that the readers like?

Then I would simply focus on producing the best, highest quality type of content I can produce, with my readers' needs in mind.

Then I would go back to the beginning of each post and make it better. Edit, proofread, rewrite.

For every good post, expect to invest AT LEAST a good 2 hours.

The more posts like these you have, the more your readers feel that you appreciate and respect them, and the more trust you gain with them. You will soon start having a bigger readership - and your readers will help spread your blog for you.

Second, establish real connections with people. The easiest way to do it is by expressing your gratitude to those who assist you and by connecting to them. The second easiest way is to help others, and by connecting them directly through shear interest, contribution and genuine care.

I don't believe in "magic bullets" when it comes to this.

At the end of the day, it's all about the quality of your contribution to the world and your connectivity to other humans that drives your blog, your business and yourself to becoming popular.

Good luck, mate :)

Bakemacake, Nov 15, 2013 IP