1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie in website marketing. . . need help

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GFX2, Oct 25, 2013.

Hello! I'm really not educated in website marketing circle so I'm asking DigitalPoint community for a few guidelines or advices... anything could come in handy.

I have a website called 'Botanical Top' , translated from my mother language - Croatian.

It's for a client that has it's own plants and he's selling them across whole country.

I'm asking you for some help, how could I promote that website when I launch it online? So far I'm planning to create some Facebook page and invest in targeted audience there, but that's furthest I know.

Any advice, any help would be useful.

Thanks in advance!

- Luka Vidović

GFX2, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  2. OfferBribeMike

OfferBribeMike Peon

Best Answers:
    I take it you're trying to figure out how to get traffic to site right?

OfferBribeMike, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  3. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @OfferBribeMike: Exactly.

I know facebook is one way, but , for my situation, witch is another way? It's on a state level? Really don't know how to explain myself because lack of my knowledge in this area so... Traffick. Yea it's Friday sorry. :D

GFX2, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to try Public Relations (PR) with your local press (newspapers, blogs, TV, radio, etc.) You develop a press release announcing the launch of the business and why it will be new and exciting for the readers/viewers of the media. If you do it well by having a compelling story and pitching it well to the press, it can drive a lot of free traffic to the site very quickly.

jrbiz, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  5. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @bostjan33: Great tips, I'll google up forums,blogs,etc that are relevant to my niche. Thanks and greetings from your neighbour.

@jrbiz: That's also a great idea, I think for my situation is best to mark this as my first step of marketing. Thanks!

GFX2, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  6. GuyJoe

GuyJoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any large local online classified websites you can advertise on?

How about Google Adwords?

Youtube videos showing how to take care of the plants could work well also. (Video how to guides)

GuyJoe, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  7. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    You can dramatically increase your visibility when you write articles in your area of expertise and distribute them to editors as free content for their email newsletters or their websites. Just ask that a link to your website and a one-line description of what you offer be included with the article. This is an effective “viral” approach that can produce hundreds of links to your site over time.
    You’ll find lots of information on how to do this from the most popular article-marketing site, ezinearticles. When you create a free membership account, they begin sending you instructions and ideas each week.

Matt Alen, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of comments on a lot of posts on marketing advising the OP to produce content (articles, etc.) and this is generally good advice. However, it is important that the prospective content developer have the following two characteristics:

Knowledge about the topic
    Good command of the language the content will be written in

It is a complete waste of time for anyone to try content marketing without the above qualifications.

jrbiz, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  9. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can search for similar sites on the Internet. Remember to look for the same niche and then you can try to contact them and ask them if is posible to publish an article in their website of course with really good content and just ask them the permission to add one link to your website. ( This is called: "Guess Blogging")

azulita, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  10. johan888

johan888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1st aid that I think you have to do is you can browse aroudn this website, there are literally lots of good content around here that's dedicated for newbies like you are.
    2nd you have to know the models of internet marketing business, is that like a web portal with tons of news, or what?
    3rd, after ensuring your website model, be sure to educate yourself of mastering that website type..

If you need help after doing those 3, ask again. If you don't know the basic, there will be too many basic questions...

johan888, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  11. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh I think using traffic from Facebook is a great way to start with a a new-born site (since Google adwork price is sky rock now). Another way that works well as well is contact a famous blog owner in the same niche and ask him/her if you can buy a blog post on their site or not? Traffic from these sources are really in high-quality. I, personally, no longer take interest in SEO, so I will not recommend you to involve in SEO.
    Good luck!

mrgadget, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  12. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook, Twitter these sites can give you some traffics but they are very hard in conversion, I see forum traffics convert good if you participate in related forums on regular basis.

alex06295, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  13. WP Bulk Editor

WP Bulk Editor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dont forget pinterest. It will get you some nice targeted traffic. Also make a tumblr blog, theres lots of followers there and they can send a steady stream of traffic.

WP Bulk Editor, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  14. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for suggesting some awesome stuff, I'm currently working on the site atm so when I do everything I will post some results!

Thanks again people! : )

GFX2, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  15. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    It will also do good if you promote your site on other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and the likes. Hosting a little giveaway when you go online is also a great idea!

Isadore Gregory, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  16. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Promotion of any website is not an easy thing to do.
    We have so much ways to promote any blog or business online.
    Different article directories are the best way to get related traffic to your site.
    As forums are great source of information you can generate high traffic from related forum.
    social media is very popular tool to market your site.
    Search engine is probably one of the most difficult ways to market a site, but also one of the most popular ways due to the fact that the traffic you get can be extremely targeted to exactly what your site offers.
    Pay per click (PPC) and Banner advertisement is also a great way to promote any site.

dean1122, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  17. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should connect your website to one of the social networks.

It's the best way to build rapport and put your content out there.

Ethan Alvin, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  18. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just focus on a few very strong articles which explain clearly how to get specific results.. any kind of system or approach which people can talk about (where they can either agree or disagree).

Then get people aware of any conversations you can get started even offer to walk them through the technique on a skype session (and record it). Just some momentum.

Too many people try to get 'traffic' for things that are hardly worth talking about when they're not in surf mode. A practical service like Botanical Tops has got to have SOME things worth talking about! Don't be too protective of your best ideas, those may be just the things to get things rolling.

kingde, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  19. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for paid or free methods to drive traffic?

ChrisBa, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  20. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both CrisBa.

GFX2, Dec 2, 2013 IP