1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is a high traffic blog worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by phattrance, Nov 11, 2013.

Im just curious, how much is a blog worth that has around 400.000 views / day and 100.000 unique traffic per day? The blog is within the humor category!

phattrance, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    depend income that generate with that traffic, blog price would be 3x income or higher
    without income indicator, in my mind the price is high xxx usd till low x.xxx usd

Jaman3, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. phattrance

phattrance Active Member

Best Answers:
    So if it generates around 145.000$ per year, the price will be 3x 145000?

phattrance, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that was my opinion :d

Jaman3, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    It's tends to be just 1 years worth for websites although it is 3 years worth in most other businesses.

GregWR, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. And also any buyer will take into consideration if revenue and traffic are on the decline. Just because the revenue for a year works out at $100,000 doesn't mean it's worth that. If the monthly revenue has dropped from $30,000/month in the first two months to $3,300 in the last ten then it would greatly impact the value.

ryan_uk, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    Also you never know when you could get slapped, even the best of research could miss something that moves you from page 1 to page 10 immediately after the sale, personally I would never buy a site, too risky.

GregWR, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    buy a site with establishe traffic and also income will be a shortcut, that always interested for me, but only with low budget target and real orientation in my mind

Jaman3, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a browse on the marketplace here and on Flippa and other sites and 99% of the sites for sale I could put together myself with minimal fuss with no investment, sure it might take me a year or so to really get it going but I'm only risking my time rather than my money.

I'm also pretty sure I know what site the original poster is interested in selling and no offense but I wouldn't touch it for various reasons I won't post unless he's happy to talk about it himself.

GregWR, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so its all about a choice, like you said, 2 things that we face in this case (established site take over) are money and time, just choose 1 from 2, if you choose time you sacrifice your money and also if you choose money you sacrifice your time, so this would be take it or leave it, cmiiw

Jaman3, Nov 12, 2013 IP