1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help to built a website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by saurabhnsonar, Oct 8, 2013.

Hi to all professional web designers here!

I want to built a website, I am a noob with that. I want to know does all HTML/CSS websites designed by professional web designer start with designing a PSD first or you directly start coding and linking custom graphics to it?

Is PSD the 1st step to develop a professional website in HTML/CSS? or anything else?

And what about the PHP websites does it follow the same procedure of development as of HTML CSS websites or we need to start with something else for that too?

Please help me I want to know how professionals do their work! I will appreciate your views and response and also guide me with proper steps required or development procedure for website.

saurabhnsonar, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  2. HDaddy

HDaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to build a website the first thing you need to learn is html and css.

Learn yourself to write proper code and with css you can dress it up later. When you have learned html and css you can do a mockup in PS..that´s what I´ll always do.

Then use the mockup as guideline to build the website using the html and css you´ve learned.

This is the very very very short guidance for you :)

Learn html and css from tutorials like everyone else..It takes time to learn all the stuff..I´ve done this 7 years and I´m still learning new things everyday. P.s. Don´t use any wysiwyg editors like Dreamweaver etc. They put out bad code.

I advice you to start from here: http://www.w3schools.com/

There are plenty of other tutorial sites all around the web..just google.

And php is another whole story...

HDaddy, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  3. eamiro

eamiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find out where to start from, and how to progress here: skillfaster.com/admin/website-design

eamiro, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  4. saurabhnsonar

saurabhnsonar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advice, it will help me a lot.

saurabhnsonar, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  5. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, most professional web developers do this procedure, Get a Domain Name and Find a Good Host with Auto Installer http://developingsites.blogspot.com/2013/10/get-domain-and-meet-system-requirements.html and Automatically Install the Software that They've Wanted http://developingsites.blogspot.com/2013/10/automated-installation-using-softaculous.html to create a CMS-powered site instantly, which you can also follow.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    MBDungo, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. kks21199

kks21199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Php is used as coding system with functions. Most of the site uses php for login system and things. CSS is mainly used for design while HTML is just for coding.

First start learning html. Then add some css in the html file itself. Then learn some javascript and jQuery. Then start making some small designs. And you could learn in this way

kks21199, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  7. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Candid, you are not serious with starting a site yet because you are either
    going to spend a good chunk of your time learning the ropes or make the
    worst site ever with no one ever caring about it despite the huge traffic.

Well, this is just me..

The Straight Talker!

Kanonig, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  8. ElMaZaGaNgI

ElMaZaGaNgI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Start by reading a lot, follow tutorials.. Personally I try to minimize the amount of images and graphics in a web design. I start with coding, I rarely start with photoshop , Professional web sites rely on CSS and HTML5. You can use CSS font features to make little icons.

PHP based web sites follow the same procedures. They use HTML to output and CSS for styles.

EDIT: If you want to have a professional web site, you need to pay a good attention to SEO. I prefer to have a bad looking web site while having high ranking rather than having a fancy looking web site but yet, nobody knows about it..

ElMaZaGaNgI, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  9. smithangela

smithangela Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many ways to build a website. If you want to build one by yourself without any technical knowledge then try a free website builder tool.

smithangela, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. sahej singh

sahej singh Member

Best Answers:
    U can use website building software or better u learn html and css its easy to learn

sahej singh, Dec 15, 2013 IP