1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Work For Google Or For Your Customers?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by virtualwebmarket, Nov 10, 2013.

Webmasters know that they have to attract more visitors to their websites to increase the number of customers they have. This requires them to optimize their website for leading search engines, especially Google.

Are we working for Google and not for our customers ?

virtualwebmarket, Nov 10, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  2. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very good question. At times I feel like I'm working for the eye of sauron (Google).

bitronictech, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  3. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    We are working for customers under the guidelines of Google. :)

rozerr, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  4. Joshua Larson

Joshua Larson Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly I feel like It's us webmasters who put the work in, considering Google provides the platform for us to work I would consider us working for Google.

Joshua Larson, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  5. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is like a mediator. In internet world, you need to work both for mediator (Google, as it will bring you customers) and the actual customers that will use your service and brings you money.

webdev007, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  6. listiaclone.com

listiaclone.com Member

Best Answers:
    We are working for customers and most of the customers coming from google so working for customer using guidelines of google, so you should keep customer in mind and take guidance from google guidelines.

listiaclone.com, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  7. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    We are working for our customers who came to us via Google. So, we are working in guidance of Google to get more customers.

naveenjosh, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  8. prashant.jain

prashant.jain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @virtualwebmarket well in every Google guidance document or in every Matt Cutts video it is clearly indicated that if you are giving your users what exactly they want , you are optimizing your site for Google as well. Just don't confuse your user or misguide them rest things can be all fine.

prashant.jain, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  9. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I used to earn thousands of dollars via Google ranking, but i soon realized that it's UNSTABLE and UNPREDICTABLE, sometimes, my new-born site takes more than 3 months to start ranking and bring money, sometimes, a golden site suddenly drop traffic and never return, well it's Google, everyone should follow their rules and their games. As a result, I now, at least, never put all my eggs into Google, it's too risky. However, for newbies, you all can start working for Google, learn about SEO and ranking, it's really interesting and beneficial anyway!

mrgadget, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. SoftDive Technologies

SoftDive Technologies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, I do work for my customers not for google.

SoftDive Technologies, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    new methods of marketing may be the answer....... Looking at it and need some help....... thx

virtualwebmarket, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  12. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm working for both, because working for my customers requires me to work with Google.

A good example of how this can be done is in the affiliate blogging area, of which I am heavily involved.

A good affiliate blog post can include content for both the buyer and Google. It's as simple as altering the layout of the content. A Human visitor might just want the facts, but that might only lead to 200 words. To compete with your competitors, you would need maybe 300 words, but the passing buyer might be put off by all that text. So, the simple solution is to provide content for both the Human visitor and Google.

The limited (brief) content for the Human visitor can be at the top, getting prominent attention and leading to quick supply of the information they need. Then content for Google can be added further down the page, with a review of the item or service, statistics, bullet points, quotes, more detailed information. This way you are providing everything the reader could want in a more appealing way, while giving Google the much needed information it needs to determine whether your content is "better" than what someone else is providing.

People should be working for both, you need to please the Human visitor and please Google too. This can be hard to get to grips with, but layout and design of your content is key and the signals you send to Google with the content on a page are vitally important to get those visitors to start with.

Conran, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  13. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter if we presume that we are working for Google. No other source is able to send visitors to my website like Google does, the majority comes from Google. Infact I feel thankful to Google for being such a genius and intelligent search engine.

faizzsheikh, Nov 12, 2013 IP