1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOV and EDU links - where to get them?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Asterion, Nov 3, 2013.

Hi all. I'm heard about effectiveness of GOV and EDU links for promotion in Google. How to get such links? I found a few services that allow to buy 100-300 GOV/EDU links for a few tens of dollars. They promise to place them literaly in 48 hours. Who knows - how do these services work? How can they place links such quickly? Perhaps they spam in comments - but how do they avoid moderation?

And yes - what other ways do you know?

Asterion, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  2. El-Cherubin

El-Cherubin Member

Best Answers:
    Think how you search links of classic tld, and do the same with site:edu or site:gov
    Exemple "leave a comment" site:edu OR site:gov

Test with other footprint, it exists CMS which offer comment without any moderation, or search forum, etc. ;)

El-Cherubin, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  3. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where can I get such CMS? Is it for sale?

Asterion, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  4. benartdo

benartdo Member

Best Answers:
    If they places your links in very high OBL ( >350 OBL ) the links will useless! beware!

benartdo, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  5. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We provide this service, as you suggest in the OP, these are created on .GOV/.EDU blogs in the form of comments, and the link along with keyword is left in the form of either the authors name or a contextual link is actually placed inside the comment. A large majority are unmoderated blogs, but content is used to ensure maximum approval rates.

That's going to be what the majority of the services you see for EDU/GOV links are going to offer you.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  6. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am planning to start a high quality commenting service. 100% manual -> so no chances of getting banned. As a promo, I will offer 30 comments for $5. The comments will be 10-20 words only and will be readable but not very innovative. They will be placed in a time span of 5 -10 days and will ensure that you get maximum ROI while the manual commenting will make sure that you DO NOT get slapped by GOOGLE.

WebBuddy, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  7. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WebDev, I appreciate your explanation of how it works.
    Asterion, I would be skeptical of a company who will get you so many links for so inexpensive. You will want to do a fair amount of research on the company you choose to do this to make sure the comments will be quality and, as with any good blog comment, will contribute to the conversation. I'm sure with some of these companies you'll get that and with some you won't. Remember that other than page rank, the point of getting links is to get traffic to your site. So you want the links to be in places where your targeted audience will be and you want your link to be associated with quality content rather than poor content on random sites.

Jen 101, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  8. Exaalions

Exaalions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Heres a great technique I know:

Find EDU bloggers- "bloggers on edu sites" and then award them "best blogger xxxx" award- and then send them their award in a form that links back to your website.

It's called ego baiting and it works :)

Exaalions, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  9. rosemarie knight

rosemarie knight Peon

Best Answers:
    Edu Govt. links are very effective but getting that much links in that period may be spamming be beware

rosemarie knight, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  10. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please send me more info in pm about this.

MGwebmaster, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  11. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure thing, @MGwebmaster , I look forward to gaining some clients soon and I will hit you up with my discounted offers today.

WebBuddy, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  12. topexnews

topexnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you need them? u wanna be sanboxed by Google in next update? People do not learn the lesson whats happening right now with google, just a beginning.

topexnews, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  13. alldaylinks

alldaylinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is old style link building - best avoided.

You are better off trying to find relevant websites, than focusing on the tld.

alldaylinks, Nov 10, 2013 IP