1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Directory Still good to get Traffic.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ktp2012, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    99% of directories have lose their value in the eye of search engines. so i don't think so directories are still good enough to get targeted traffic . as this is the age of social media try to get your visitors from social networks .

Matt Alen, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. Caroline Green

Caroline Green Member

Best Answers:
    Who says that this the age of only social media?

Social media is just emerged as an effective solution for better communication. Is there any other use of social media? It's just a part of our online marketing plan but solely can't get you what you want to achieve.

Caroline Green, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    khemraj likes this.
  3. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is very simple... Directories don't bring real visitors, even directories like Yahoo or Business... Why? the answer is simple... when was the last time you used any directories to find an answer to your question online?

praetserge, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  4. gladiator27

gladiator27 Member

Best Answers:
    Directories never got me much traffic. The reason is that nobody uses directories to search for websites. I only submit to some directories in order to improve the seo ranking.

gladiator27, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  5. clark-1

clark-1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    listing your website to directories will increase your backlinks, and thus your PR, but only famous directories will send you a small traffic.

clark-1, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  6. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, if you do it sensibly and only submit into those directory form where you can actually expect some traffic, like Yahoo, Yellow pages.

You can't expect huge traffic but continuous traffic. Though dmoz won't get you any traffic

khemraj, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  7. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course specially the business directories such as at http://www.webdirectory.tk for example, that are promoted to the people that if they're looking for some businesses, they can look through it. Just remember not all visitors of an online directory are there to submit a listing, many of them are become interested to some listings.

MBDungo, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  8. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're wrong, actually I'm planning to post a new thread to the Search Engine Optimization Forum about what happened to the PR of the specific directory that I've mentioned on my previous reply in this thread. Why? Because its PR have a value of 1 even it's just launched a few days ago.

I have web development blog which has many contents and it's over 1 year old, but until now it have a PR of 0. Even it's more promoted that the business directory.

MBDungo, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  9. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    Recently there has been a drop in the directory ratings however we cannot call it a dead end. They are still considered to be a good source of backlinks and if you work it out properly then you might really get rewarded.

Alex jones, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  10. gladiator27

gladiator27 Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you used an old domain?

gladiator27, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  11. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also thinking that. I look innocent at https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/why-this-directory-get-a-pagerank-value-of-one-in-just-a-week.2691242/#post-18785292 about the RageRank update. Yet, I wondered how it get ranked.

MBDungo, Nov 9, 2013 IP