1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will I Use the Databse For only Two People? and How

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Amar505, Nov 7, 2013.

Hi Can you solve me some help.....
    I am doing Project on Post office Mangement System....

I want only two users can Access that database.....

1.user Admin Has to store all the details like name,address,zip,pin code,weight cost for parcel or any other service....

2.Another User is post man who has to telll whether the Post has been sent or NOt with two options(Fileds) as Sended/Pending????

Is this Possibel or not??????? refer links how to use this........

Amar505, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  2. stephan2307

stephan2307 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course it is possible.

links -> don't have any as this is a custom application that I have never heard about before.

stephan2307, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  3. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Then How it should be???? Will you provide the correct structure

Amar505, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  4. stephan2307

Best Answers:
    <?php
      $code = pleaseLetMeHaveTheCodeForFree();

if ($code == 'ofCourseHereYouGo') {
          echo 'Thank you very much';
    }
    else {
        if ($code == '') {
          echo 'Conversation ended');
      }
      else {
        echo 'Why not??';
    }
    }
    PHP:

5. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello I am not understand Why You are writing that code.... Will you Plzz why this code...

Amar505, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  6. stephan2307

Best Answers:
    Because you are asking me to sit down and write code for you for free. I don't have the time to do stuff for free. I am happy to help and give hints but so far you haven't even started writing any code or at least you haven't posted anything.

if you want to get going here are some links with some code bit that you can use

login system
    http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/6.html

using database
    http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Introduction-to-PHP-PDO.html

if you get stuck post some code and I am happy to help.

sarahk likes this.
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is just basic interaction with a database. The easiest way to get started is to use a language like PHP and a database like mySQL. Since this is a custom project (one does not exist) you will need to create it or have someone create it for you. I'm sure you can find someone who will do the work for you, but not for free.

NetStar, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  8. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this really Not existing... Then how POST office servie is running

Amar505, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am quite sure that the post office has their own custom software developed and didn't spend $29.95 via paypal for vPostOffice 2.4 or PHPostOffice v3. But I could be wrong...... =)

NetStar, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  10. bartolay13

bartolay13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    why do you need two users in one database? somethings not right with your requirements.
    this can be done only one user for the database.

bartolay13, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Amar505: you really need to understand a few things.
    1. This is not a "teach me PHP & MySQL"-forum. It's a forum where you can post specific problems you're encountering while coding something.
    2. You've been provided with several links to basic tutorials for PHP and MySQL, and how to interact with both via forms. I suggest you go through those tutorials, learn what they try to teach you, and then try to code what you're talking about.
    3. After you've tried coding it yourself, and provided us with the code, you can start asking specific questions about what you should do, if you encounter problems, or if you can't solve a particular problem you're having.
    4. The requirements and complexity you've posted thus far in this thread is extremely simple. What you need is as follows:
    1. A server, running PHP, MySQL and Apache (or something similar) - any paid (or many free) webhost will do
    2. A database - containing (thus far) three tables - users, customer-info and mail-info
    3. A few pages of PHP and maybe 1 or 2 pages of HTML

That's it. Nothing more needed. The system you're describing is so basic, it should be possible to put it together in a few hours, if you know what you're doing. Maybe even less if the requirements are set in stone.

The questions you're asking is extremely basic, and you'd be better off just googling basic PHP and MySQL-tutorials, and googling general problems with PHP, MySQL and forms, and then start coding. I doubt you'll get better answers than what you've already gotten here, since you're basically not providing any code we can work with.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  12. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry Sir,I dont know the restriction..... But I want to ask whether it is possible or not that too in PHP because i want to learn PHP.... So soory Once I had learned I will post my problem regarding PRoject

Amar505, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  13. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure this has been answered already, but yes, it's possible in PHP. It's quite easy too.

nico_swd, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  14. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sir.... Once again Sorry for asking my Simple Project What I am thinking is difficult because Day-day requirementrs are getting more and complexity is difficult..So once again I am telling Entire Project in Details..just tell whether It is Posssible Or not...............
    So i want to do mini project on this ...if i stryct at middle it means that my marks wil be less and also not having a correct proper idea will aslo chance of not getting a job in interviews

First It has 2 modules......

1.Admin Module...

In Admin Module

I want Default Login Page For admin with Default username and Password.........i.e., like root and without password like in XAMPP installation...In the same manner i want Default Login Page from the Server only For Admin Not for users That means that Login Page will be visible only for Post office admin memeber who is going to deliever the users request like Sppedpost,Courier and So and So on services.... Is it Possibel or not If yes How????? This is only my Doubt

2.After Login then Home Page will Be normal with several Services like Sppedpost,Courier and So on...
    3.After click on Spped Post The page will be opened sppedpost.JPG ...

here Whenever i click On Submit It should generate a sequence number... I know Its not necessary But Here a doubt How to perform validation here here there exists two forms and how to validate for two forms witha single Button and whether is it really stores the entire details along with the Sequence number......

Coming to the second Module for users

here if I use login button for aAdmin there i s a chance of hacking admin password and May be useless

here in search Status of POsts.....
    Whenever I type the name it should search all the names and display results...
    In the smae manner I search by address it should displays the addresss matching namess.....

using Comboboxes

If I selct any Filed like Address....If i search any address with1/74 as doorno it should display lal the matching alpjhabets inthe address filed from the tables...

Sir Please Tell Whether this will Come or not..My real Intension is not to disturb you .. I want to clrify..

Amar505, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's just interaction with a database.. Any programming language can do it.

NetStar, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  16. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want Default Login Page For admin with Default username and Password.........i.e., like root and without password like in XAMPP installation...In the same manner i want Default Login Page from the Server only For Admin Not for users That means that Login Page will be visible only for Post office admin memeber who is going to deliever the users request like Sppedpost,Courier and So and So on services.... Is it Possibel or not If yes How????? This is only my Doubt
    This is my Doubt Can you???????

Amar505, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  17. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nico_swd, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  18. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I tried Login page Succesffully

Amar505, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  19. Amar505

Amar505 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I succesfully done some project My balance is this only
    My question... My database is structures as shown in the below figure.

Check the Image clearly or else You won't understand Plzzzzzz

For clear information
    FIrst I create label and then Text Box and also a button.
    Whenever I Entered the PRimary Key ID in the text box and Whenever I clcik on Button It should change its status to YES.

and also How to retrieve the Staus WHenever I Type the Primary KEY ID ..

I create the table using AUTOIncrement and also I set the Status Filed value as default NO.

My 2 Doubts... are
    1.how to update the Status filed status to YES
    Whenever I Entered the PRimary Key ID in the text box and Whenever I clcik on Button It should change its status to YES.

ID 12
    button
    Whenever I click on Button Staus should set status filed value to Yes for the Primary KEY ID.It is public not restricted.

2.How to display the staus whenever I Type on the Primary KEY ID

Same to Same.

Whenever I Entered the PRimary Key ID in the text box and Whenever I click on Button It should display status

ID 12
    button
    It should display staus as YES or NO ..How Plzz Help m...e

Attached Files:

Amar505, Dec 15, 2013 IP