1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name Servers.. When should they be changed?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Sean101, Nov 5, 2013.

When should the Name Servers for a domain be changed?
    When the website changes host?
    When the domain change registrar?
    Both of the above? or Just one?

PS: If I buy a new domain from someone and forward it to my current website, what should the name servers be for that domain I just bought?

Sean101, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  2. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're changing whatever service is attached to the domain name. (i.e. from parking page to blog)

If you're changing whoever will host the website. (i.e. from Hostgator to Dreamhost)

If you're changing whoever will manage the domain name. (i.e. from Go Daddy to NameCheap)

If you're keeping both the domain name and website at the same provider. Otherwise, keep them separate.

Ideally, you use the name servers of whoever is hosting your current website.

Dave Zan, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I have the domain which I just bought, Im forwarding the domain to a website I currently own until I make a website for it. Will change the nameservers for the domain that I just bought to the same nameservers as the website I currently have which it will be forwarding too?

Sean101, Nov 10, 2013 IP