1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion User online Status ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by zinghana, Mar 5, 2013.

Just wondering.. With the old VB version of DP a user had a "Green" light if they were currently online.. I know now that a users profile / profile popup displays "Last see here @ 10:10am" I am not sure if it can be done or not but to add a extra field to a users profile showing if they were online or not i think would be a handy little inclusion.

Maybe there is a way of telling and ive just not seen it yet.. As ive mentioned i am new to XF as i wasn't sure if XF was going under or would be continuing development.. Now XF is moving forward i will start focusing on XF and maybe this could be my first mod (if there isn't already one).

Regards, Darren

zinghana, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've thought about it before (I think there's another thread on the topic already)... no plans to add it since I really don't see any added value to it. When it comes down to it, what purpose does it serve? Are you going to not reply to someone if they aren't online, or?

digitalpoint, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  3. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No it's just sometimes you apply / pm someone regarding some custom work or a task they are wanting done.. It would be handy to know if they were still online so that they could reply straight away so people could discuss the job details etc..

Again it's nothing major, but i did find that to be handy at times.

zinghana, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, but you can always see if someone is online if you really want to know by clicking on their avatar (you don't even need to go to their profile). Personally, I'd rather not clutter things more than they already are... like some people want "Registration Date" added to the stats under their avatar on every post... at some point it just becomes clutter.

digitalpoint, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  5. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Registration Date" That's stupid IMHO..

But yeah i see what you mean.. less is more sometimes.. you are right tho.

zinghana, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  6. jinxaladin

jinxaladin Active Member

Best Answers:
    after all this time I'm back here, I'm getting confused with this forum, it seems I have to learn more to adjust.

jinxaladin, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some people become confused easily, not fair to blame the forum.;)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 5, 2013 IP