1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO: Wordpress vs Joomla

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by de7erv, Nov 4, 2013.

Hi all;

I'm planning on starting some new websites. At first i wanted to do them in plain HTML but i came to relize that a CMS system would be more benificary.
    My question is: What CMS has most to offer in terms of SEO. I thought it was Wordpress but i know little about joomla.
    Any insides to share guys?

de7erv, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  2. Caroline Green

Caroline Green Member

Best Answers:
    Both the CMSs offer great features and functionality and both are high search engine friendly as well. But Joomla is for techies and wordpress site can be managed by a beginner as well
    Though, wordpress come up with already build SEO friendly environment but still there are additional plugins to achieve beyond SEO compatibility. There are so many plug-ins for:
    interlinking
    meta tags
    analytics/ webmaster tool integration
    tagging
    social sharing and much more

Caroline Green, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  3. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    hi, best wishes for starting new websites. i have a bit experience with both wordpress and joomla, both are excellent in terms of their functionality.
    i usually give some edge to wordpress over joomla due to it seo friendly interface.

dean1122, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  4. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good and both are open source platforms. However, in terms of user friendliness I'd lean more towards WordPress. I'd say comparing WordPress to Joomla is a bit like comparing the Apple iTunes store to the Google Play market, meaning that from what I can see WordPress has more third party plugins. Nonetheless, there are some people who just love Joomla and who will never switch and vice versa.

beninbro, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  5. de7erv

de7erv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks guys,
    I think I know what i'm going to use.

de7erv, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  6. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just go for WordPress you can have more option and user friendly. also you may get many free themes

rogerbinny, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  7. MohammedKaram

MohammedKaram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi de7erv and all here

Wordpress be more CMS than blog platform and by this way you can find great tools & plugins, which is will help you and save your time. Joomla is not easy to work with because they need to buy it and handle all issues even it's free, i was work with both of them but i focus on Wordpress because it's more powerful.

MohammedKaram, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  8. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to use WordPress as it is quite user friendly and Joomla is a little complicated compared to WP but you can achieve the same level of SEO with it if your are a programmer/techie.

webdev007, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  9. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, friend.. No CMS that's most to offer in terms of SEO. Just choose the CMS of your taste! Increasing the good do-follow links to your website can increase the PR of your site, and not the CMS. Just make sure your site have a sitemap such as RSS.

MBDungo, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  10. narendra kumar

narendra kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Wordpress is best for SEO and it is very much user friendly

narendra kumar, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  11. nomen

nomen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are good but i go for Wordpress because its easier to use and more friendly. I also use Wordpress

nomen, Nov 7, 2013 IP