1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The only post in the world with keywords but Google doesn't wanna rank

Discussion in 'SEO' started by michael.aulia, Oct 31, 2013.

One of my posts at my blog cravingtech.com is titled "Dyson DC54 review": http://www.cravingtech.com/dyson-dc54-review.html but even then, it's no where appearing at Google's first few pages (even though there are no other sites really with that keywords if you do a search)

Any reason why? (not enough backlinks? coz I barely do any link building). There is no manual penalty by Google

Talk about Google trying to give the most relevant search results to the visitors...

michael.aulia, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You used the keyphrase "Dyson DC54 review" 8 times in your page, try changing some with other words. It seems stuffed.
    Remember, you've published the post on Oct 21, Google will takes between 3 to 5 weeks to complete the index ranking update for the first page, so wait some days.

FAT238, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  3. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Feel free to put it through a quality indexing service.

I've found that Wordpress indexes almost instantly for my blogs. How's your experience with Wordpress been?

Traditione, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  4. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    @FAT238: Considering the article is long, it should be alright with only having about 8 I assume?

It is already being indexed (if you do site:cravingtech.com dyson dc54 review), it shows in Google SERP (my blog posts normally get indexed within 24 hours).
    I was using one website (can't remember what) and found that keywords are in the position 30-ish or something

Maybe my site does not have enough backlinks? Any thoughts?

michael.aulia, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  5. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To the original poster: it is not as simple as that. Is not a problem of not having enough backlinks. Your site has a Google PageRank of 4, which is respectable. I have checked 3 other sites that rank on page one [regular results, not video] for the term “Dyson DC54 Review” and they have the same PageRank as your site.

“Keyword stuffing” is not an issue either.

You are mistaken that no other sites are targeting the same term. Take a look at this:https://www.google.com/search?q=int...&espv=210&es_sm=122&filter=0&biw=1092&bih=498

As you see, there are a number of pages that have the same term in the title tag. Even so, there aren’t a lot of them, and we would normally not consider this term competitive. Several months ago, I expect your page would have ranked for it fairly quickly.

Why not now? This is because of the increasing use of semantic search by Google. Especially since the Hummingbird update of last September, Google no longer privileges exact keyword match in the SERPs as much as it used to. Now Google knows that a page can be a product review even though it may not be specifically labelled a “review. ” Instead of privileging an exact match, Google tries to better understand what the searcher is looking for.

In this way, terms that would not have been competitive in the past have now become competitive.

I hope this helps.

PhilipSEO, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  6. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, PhilipSEO! I've never thought of it like that. So I guess this means everyone's ranking is going down then? (not just the "little fish")

michael.aulia, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  7. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, my friend, it cannot be like that in search. When someone is going doing, someone else is always going up in the rankings. Hummingbird simply changed the relevance formula, the way in which rankings are computed.

PhilipSEO, Dec 1, 2013 IP