1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pinterest?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Tiny Tantrums Media, Oct 30, 2013.

It seems like I barely have enough time to post to Facebook and Twitter, but now it seems that Pinterest is becoming a valuable social media hub as well, and a way for content sites to promote themselves. However, I feel like I have to pick my battles. I just don't have the time to nurture all of them.

Has anybody here had any luck with Pinterest? If so, how do you manage your social networking demands? Do you post the exact same thing to each, or do you try to do something unique?

Tiny Tantrums Media, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. yize

yize Active Member

Best Answers:
    I post my blog images to pinterest, for some of the blogs not all of them.

yize, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  3. PINK DONKEY

PINK DONKEY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm in love with pinterest!
    Pinterest is currently responsible for 41 percent of e-commerce traffic and drives more than twice as much e-commerce than Facebook does.
    One of my pinterest strategy is providing some useful and educational information on the products and niche i'm working in, and I'm not creating all the content, I'm sharing a part of it from a combination of quality sources.
    I would also suggest using Group boards to collaborate with popular pinners who have a large following to expose your brand and content to more people.

PINK DONKEY, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  4. Safaseo

Safaseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pinterest is goldmine sometimes. :)

Do something unique, create a outstanding image and pin it.

Safaseo, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  5. webser

webser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is perfect social media if you are interested in women's audience. I don't know how it is global, but in some of North / Middle Europe countries Pinterest is very popular between women.
    So if you want to promote recipes, clothes, kids' stuff blogs, ecommerce etc - Pinterest is perfect for you.
    When I just started using Pinterest I shared funny idea of picnic table - it was amazing, I got few times more visitors than usually. My pin was repinned lot of times and this was not a one day effect, this pin has value for about month. In my opinion, if you have shareable image which is related with your post content USE Pinterest, it will help you to build good traffic

webser, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  6. jimbo21

jimbo21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the type of site you are running. If its a blog, I HIGHLY recommend pinterest. Make sure you are including lots of interesting images in your posts, and then post them to pinterest.

I've had a couple images go "viral" if you will and get a couple hundred likes/repins.

jimbo21, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  7. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont use pinterest, facebook rocks over here.

Webcenter, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  8. Tiny Tantrums Media

Tiny Tantrums Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Great feedback. Thank you to all who responded. It sounds like I should make more time for it since I run mainly content sites.

Tiny Tantrums Media, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  9. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Pinterest is making it easier to find related pins on the site with a new recommendations feature.

Matt Alen, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  10. Dillmando

Dillmando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pinterest has great power if you have site with a lot of images, since using pinterest i have left other social site, because it shows far better result than any other social site or all of em combined, just make sure you have quality images on your page, and if you can manage more than 5 images on your single page then it can do wonders..
    Plus the best thing i like about pinterest is that you can find group boards, these are like places already having a lot of followers, so you don't really need to grow your pinterest account, just join these group boards start pinning and start driving traffic...
    Remember that there are only few niche that do well on pinterest .. you might not find good response on others...These include recipes, home decoration, DIY, gardening, quotes, humor, travel ..

Dillmando, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  11. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Each social network has to be used in different way, based on your niche you can be succesfull with one and fail with another. For exemple and in my niches, twitter is pretty good for traffic, not for sales, facebook is good for traffic too, though not sales. I haven't really tried pinterest yet the only thing I noticed if that you get followers quicker than the others even though you don't post much.

IG2010, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  12. huardalbert

huardalbert Peon

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is one of the best social networking sites and it brings a more traffic when compare the other social networking sites like Twitter, Facebbok etc. Pinterest is much more convenient to use and provide you effective results. when your website is full of images then i recommend you to use Pinterest, I hope it will really help you.

huardalbert, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  13. James_wick

James_wick Peon

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is one of the best social network, I've use this network to generate traffic on my site and it worked for me.

James_wick, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  14. Jaypee77171

Jaypee77171 Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest definitely work for me. I have over 150 + boards from most categories with thousand of people pinning in them.. The key is to find viral image and there is a website where you can find them..I can make you contributor on my boards so that you can promote your stuff on them and profit the traffic..If interested pm me..

Jaypee77171, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  15. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    One of the top 5 social networking site. For web masters its something great. According to the reports Pinterest drives more traffic to publishers than Twitter, StumbleUpon and Reddit. Its a image collaboration platform.....

anzilone, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  16. Rakshith Daniel

Rakshith Daniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bet social network that gives bloggers a quality backlinks for their blogs/websites.

Rakshith Daniel, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  17. Ron_holtan

Ron_holtan Peon

Best Answers:
    Pinterest becomes the one of the leading social networks for promoting brands, just like Facebook or Twitter you can find thousands of followers for your business and you would be able to create a massive traffic on your site.

Ron_holtan, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  18. SimpleTruth

SimpleTruth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could focus posting to pinterest and then use a service like https://ifttt.com or http://jollybox.de/pinterestfeed/ in conjunction with the rss feed to bring your pinterest to wordpress or facebook. It would not hurt to create the post you normally would on the other network as a pinnable post and sharing that way from time to time.

SimpleTruth, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  19. huardalbert

huardalbert Peon

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is one of the best social network to gain the huge traffic.

huardalbert, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  20. James_wick

James_wick Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also using Pinterest for generating traffic on my site, Pinterest are playing an important role for generating traffic like Facebook, Twitter or Google+ etc. You just have to maintain your Pinterest account and give regular checks on your account and you must give some uniqueness in your every post it increase the quality.

James_wick, Nov 28, 2013 IP