1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS Propagation delay beyond 48 hours

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by A_ManojKumar, Oct 30, 2013.

A_ManojKumar, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, it may happen so that DNS get updated in some countries and don't get updated from your side. That is why the domain registrars usually provide 2-72 hours period to let the DNS get fully propagated.
    If you DNS haven't been propagated yet, you can visit the site via http://anonymouse.org

hosting_spec80, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    A_ManojKumar likes this.
  3. SpeedyUnit

SpeedyUnit Active Member

Best Answers:
    In that case I suggest you to use google's nameserver

and run this command on cmd.exe

ipconfig /flushdns

I never had to wait more than an hour for dns propagation.

SpeedyUnit, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    A_ManojKumar likes this.
  4. IMServicesLtd

IMServicesLtd Member

Best Answers:
    I myself have never had to wait for DNS propagation when I'm the one registering the nameservers. I usually register what I want, add the domain to my site and then as soon as I navigate there I am able to access it. It's strange that you're having problems with it taking so long. Where are your hosting servers located and where are you located?

As the above poster said, doing an "ipconfig/flushdns" inside Command Prompt and then restarting your browser and trying again is a quick way to restart your DNS cache and hopefully enable you to see your site.

IMServicesLtd, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    A_ManojKumar likes this.
  5. A_ManojKumar

A_ManojKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone! It was resolved already. Caused due to misspelled domain name.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    A_ManojKumar, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  6. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    That will happen, also keep in mind that every ISP has their own policy on DNS cache updates. What you can do to prevent long DNS propagation during a site migration (if you have the time) is to change the TTL on your DNS records a few days before to something like 10 minutes. Then migrate the site, modify the nameservers but leave the DNS entry there on the old hosting. This will ensure that within 10 minutes users are seeing your newly hosted site (not on the old hosting) until the NS entries propagate.

bitronictech, Nov 2, 2013 IP