1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get traffic on my blog ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mohit kumar singh, Oct 25, 2013.

Hello friends,
    Since last month i started writing a blog http://www.javawebtutorial.blogspot.in/
    I tried a lot to gain some traffic on my blog i have posted 50+ post but again i am not getting good traffic.
    what i have to do to get some traffic on my blog ?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Mohit kumar singh, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    keep posting good stuff!

you will get traffic, maybe the quality of content is not good enough. or detailed enough

competent123, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  3. Sunil Bishnoi

Sunil Bishnoi Member

Best Answers:
    Keep posting good stuff and do some SEO ;) this will solve your problem.

- Sunil Bishnoi

Sunil Bishnoi, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is not the content then... Did you work on your SEO? Did you build backlinks? Guest blogging, article marketing... Also Social Bookmarking and Social Media?

patco, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  5. Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius

Vijay Devkar - SEO Genius Member

Best Answers:
    Keep updating the content, interact with your current visitors, ask them where do they need help so that you can write a valuable tutorial and help them. Just posting new & fresh content is not going to help, you need to promote it on various other article directories and social media platforms. I don't think SEO would help you a lot because there already is huge competition in your niche hence go for promotion on various other blogs too. Try to find out various questions which are faced by Java & Android programmers, help them out and your traffic will surely gain in few months.

Hope this helps. :D

6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You have multiple problems.

Check that all your internal links are correct.

As an example, the article "Hibernate Transaction Management" has a link of:
    http://javawebtutorial.blogspot.in/...2013/10/hibernate-transaction-management.html

Also, this article is at least partially copied from elsewhere:
    http://www.javaforecast4u.com/2012/04/jdbc-transaction_357.html

Also, the content of this article:
    http://javawebtutorial.blogspot.in/2013/10/androids-logo-inspired-by-bathroom.html

Can be found elsewhere:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/androids-green-robot-logo-was-inspired-by-bathroom-signs-2013-10

It seems to me that you have ripped off content from other sites, just rewritten it badly. It's not even worth mentioning the other problems.

So, why would Google or any other search engine bother ranking your site above other ones which are genuinely more useful and longer-established. If you want to try to complete in an over-saturated market then you need to invest a lot of money into content and marketing in order to deliver a better user experience in a more accessible way and offering something unique and interesting that no one else does. If you really want to pursue such a topic, then why not do it in your local language? Likely to be less saturated than the English language market.

ryan_uk, Oct 25, 2013 IP
    malky66 and Arick unirow like this.
  7. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Social networks and organic SEO will bring traffic to your website. And this traffic is qualitiy traffic.

dimitarang, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  8. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read awesome articles on SEO, try to focus more on your content rather than traffic. People will share your blog if content is good, interesting and useful though. Good luck

WebDeveloperSahil, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  9. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    - Submit your blog to popular blog directories
    - Promote your blog post on social networking websites
    - Submit it to trafficable social bookmarking sites
    - Publish quality wall posts/ teasers on your profile page
    - Promote your blog on niche related forums and online communities
    - Comment and guest post on niche related blogs
    - Try to make your blog interactive (encourage people to comment on your blog and allow guest posting)
    - Add some video tutorials from experts and promote those videos on different video distribution sites.

C.Rebecca, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  10. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    To post good and unique content for the blog and do Offpage SEO for the blog.

Pooja Gupta, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  11. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You were kind enough to spend lots of time analysing this guy's blog, ryan_uk - I do hope he comes back and takes advantage of your thorough advice.

I notice it was his first post on DP, mind you, so I don't know how optimistic I am he will return...

Anyway, I think you really hit the nail on the head with your analysis - basically, it's a rubbish site with loads of copied content. LOL

I do hope Mohit returns frequently and learns from the good people at Digital Point. (And ignores the other ones haha.)

Cheers!

Malc

malcsimm, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. Mohit kumar singh

Mohit kumar singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First i am sorry for the late reply sir
    @ryan_uk Sir very very thanks for your kind reply i have updated my post on blog.
    I must say one thing Digitalpoint is really a very nice place to ask questions. I think after stackoverflow this is one of the best forum to ask something.

Thanks to all members it really helps me a lot.
    @malcsimm From next time i will not let this happen sir.

Mohit kumar singh, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mohit - first, I am so sorry for suggesting you might not return: my bad :(

Ryan did, indeed, give you a very generous post and I am glad you heeded his advice!

I wish you the very best, and look forward to chatting to you again on DP. There are a lot of members here will good advice (and maybe some with not quite so good advice....) but in any case it's a friendly place, and there's a lot of enthusiasm here.

Keep posting!

Cheers!

Malc

malcsimm, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  14. arshiabhardwaj21191

arshiabhardwaj21191 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1) Create good content / well-written blog posts
    2) Make a public announcement on your social media profiles that you’ve started blogging
    3) Ask a small favor from your close friends.

4) Search for people who have previously tweeted/shared posts covering similar topics.
    5) Look for important people in your industry/niche with different tools. Check their posts, add comments and become active in the community.
    6) Start participating in forums and blogs that are similar to yours
    7) Establish relationships, get links & optimize your blog for Google

arshiabhardwaj21191, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  15. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure to build some back links such as Guest posting , social bookmarking etc and once you publish your post make sure to comment on blogs which have commentluv plugin enabled plugin so which will gain you back link for that particular post so it get well promoted too

shaamblaze, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  16. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Mohit, first off, you need to determine who your blog is for.
    Then, think about where those people can be found online.
    Do they search on Google?
    Do they have social media accounts?
    What blogs or forums do they read?
    Do they search for content on YouTube?
    Then, you can utilize any of those channels to drive traffic to your blog.
    You may also consider buying AdWords.
    If you decide to promote the blog in the search engines, use a search engine ranking tool to determine which keywords are popular among the searchers, and optimize your content for those keywords.
    There are tons of posts and articles online that teach you how to optimize a landing page, not much has changed in terms of on-page SEO.
    I'd say - build links, but one doesn't just build links these days and even a link from a forum could be considered spammy these days :(

Kianu42, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  17. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mohit,
    1) Try to write your Unique content at-least 700+ words
    2) Also use your content with Subheadings (That will contain your primary and secondary Keywords)
    3) Start build-links through Guest Post, Forum Signature, Some Quality Bookmark Submission
    4) Respond to your readers-> If any one ask questions in your blog means try to resolve their problems via comment
    5) Social media is really helpful to you, Keep engaging on Social Media Giants like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Pinterest

Also track your blog daily using Google Analytics about your Traffic and which Keyword you are ranking, try to optimize that same keyword with relevant blog post

Hope this will work for you
    Regards,
    Roger

rogerbinny, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  18. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from what others have said about structure and copied content, after only a month you're not likely to see much traffic unless you're aggressively perusing it. It takes a little time for a site to be picked up by search engines, and you need a link here or there from others sites to really get this going. You could register for Bing and Google analytics, but whether this will help at all is a bit of a mystery and always has been. But, it makes sense that if you are handing a sitemap to Google to crawl for data analysis it's going to be known to them and the information in their system.

Aside from all of that, if this is a project you really want to forge ahead with I would advise you to dump blogspot entirely and spend a few $'s a month on your own hosting. I have seen people who have spent years building their blog on other platforms outside of their control only to see them vanish without explanation overnight.

Creating a blog is like writing a novel, I compare it to handing a ten year manuscript to a two year old child eating chocolate ice-cream next to a roaring fireplace - it's your work, don't hand it over to the whims of another with a history of being reckless.

Conran, Oct 30, 2013 IP