1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a internet marketing forum

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by solomon.flik, Oct 27, 2013.

i want to create a internet marketing forum can any one please advice me for that please tell the procedure for that how to make my forum go viral and first tell me how to kick start it ?

solomon.flik, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO likes this.
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    post GOOD valueable content, i suggest from hellomynameisscott.com dont' copy paste it, write it in your own words

competent123, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  3. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for the reply !! , so where can i advertise my forum to reach audience ?

PhilipSEO likes this.
  4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    first have 100 or so pages in google, you will start to get traffic from it, then make it in pdf, so that they have to register to download

they will reply, make sure you reply to them, asap.

you'll have a working community in no time!

competent123, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  5. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    make it in pdf i cant understand that part ?

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You want to lead a marketing forum, yet you are asking for help as to how to market it? You might be better off starting a forum on a topic that you know something about.

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  7. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    dude who said like that we need to know something from the people around us this is a way of learning if you know just help me

8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, let me explain why I made that comment. I have been in marketing for 20+ years. I have participated in many marketing forums over the years, beginning with the old Usenet forums way back when. Whenever I joined a marketing forum it was because of the knowledge and reputation of the person or persons running it. Typically, the person or group had just written a new marketing book or had a new marketing website with innovative ideas that I wanted to learn more about. Note that this will be the reason that most marketing people of all levels of experience will join a marketing forum: to learn and contribute more about the profession. So, you need to convince people that you have the knowledge, experience, and skills to not just set up a website, but to provide the initial discussions, content, etc., that will drive this forum to become popular with marketers (who probably already know the basics and are looking for more in-depth knowledge and experience.)

It is possible that you could bring in a marketing expert to fill that role for you, assuming that your skills lie elsewhere (web programming or something) but you will need someone who provides a good reason for people to join, stay and participate, especially in the marketing field where there are so many consultants, authors, etc., who are touting their latest marketing strategies already.

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    matt_62, Arick unirow, sarahk and 2 others like this.
  9. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot man reason i asked it because many marketing forum are still down with good reputation people on it and people wont stay on there forum for long time ?

10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I don't entirely understand what you have written (if you meant people are leaving forums then yes, more are using social networking instead). Perhaps you need to learn IM and then run a forum in your local language? The Internet is flooded with forums, does it really need another one? The chance of success, in my view, is with languages other than English (ones where this demand has not yet been filled).

ryan_uk, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO, malky66 and jrbiz like this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ryan_UK, that is a really good idea! I think that there is still a place for forums (after all, aren't they the original social media except more specialized by topic?) and local language forums would be the next logical step for them.

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO likes this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Was that meant to make sense?

One of the key lessons in marketing is to find a niche that hasn't been filled.

There are endless internet marketing forums out there and the niche is extremely competitive. If you are an underfunded newbie, you won't stand a chance.

If you had searched this forum you would have found a similar thread started just last week. Do your research before you start!

sarahk, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    sarahk i am not expert in marketing but i got money to start a forum so i will hire some internet marketers to start but i want a out world voice about internet marketing forum so i asked it in this digital point forum don't post thinking that you are clever to point out me if you know to answer in good way just answer me i don't want any fool answers

14. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So why do you want to start such a forum? When you start a site, you do so with knowledge on the subject. When you start a forum, you need to be the person who can provide your members with answers. You don't want a load of unanswered threads or your members receiving junk answers off so-called "experts" you hired. You are setting yourself up to be taken advantage of (scammed). Do you think you can get rich quick? What do you think will make your forum better than all the other IM ones there? Very long-established with a "reputable" (c'mon, it's IM!) user-base.

@digitalpoint started this forum to support his products (so, an area he was an expert on) and then it evolved due to user demand (I believe). What will *you* as the individual draw your user-base with?

I think you are taking these comments too personally. People are offering you good advice and trying to steer you in a sensible direction to make money rather than lose money.

ryan_uk, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    jrbiz, PhilipSEO, sarahk and 2 others like this.
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ask yourself this... what are you offering to users that they want and can't already get somewhere else? What problems are you solving for end users?

That applies to any site really, not just a forum. If you aren't giving people something that they want/need, it's going to be nearly impossible to get any traction.

digitalpoint, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    jrbiz, matt_62, PhilipSEO and 4 others like this.
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    applies to all businesses, online and offline.

To the OP - if you have the money to hire marketing staff, why are you asking unvetted strangers for free advice?

sarahk, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  17. solomon.flik

solomon.flik Member

Best Answers:
    thank you shawn :)

solomon.flik, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  18. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, we are not so unvetted, some of us are very verifiable. :) It's not at all a bad practice to start by asking in the industry forums.

To Solomonk.Flik -- the marketing forum world is extremely competitive, and it so happens that I am speaking as someone who is himself starting a marketing forum! I am a seasoned marketer and I have researched this in depth.

Before you get into this business you should seriously consider not starting another marketing forum. You have got some really good comments above and your takeaway from them should be to ask yourself this question: if marketing is not your field, if you don't have a marketing vision, should you sink my money into launching a marketing forum? (It is my field, and I do have a vision, so my situation is different. :) ) Why not something else, like a psychic advice forum, for example?

I know you may be thinking, there is money in marketing. You think you will get a lot of traffic and you will sell ads on your forum, affiliate products, or maybe generate leads and sell them to marketers. Or maybe start charging for membership as your forum goes viral. This sounds nice but it's much easier said then done. You are a noob who wants to compete with industry leaders. You'd be better off launching a resource in a niche that you are passionate about and an expert in.

Do not assume that just because you can hire marketers, you will succeed. You don't know marketing, so how can you be sure you have hired the right marketers? It's a vicious circle!

But if you are going to do this anyway, here is some more advice.

Absolutely do not start anything called simply a "marketing forum," or even "SuperMarketPros" or something as generic as that. No one will go to you when there are much better, reputable places, including Digitalpoint. All the traffic you will get will be crowds of sockpuppet link-builders from South Asia posting fake marketing questions copied from the web and posing as experts in answering them with fake responses copies from the Web (giving you duplicate content issues, a bad thing regarding Google).

If you are so sold on the idea of doing this project, perform in an depth market analysis first, or hire someone who knows how to do it. I'll give you a hint. There are important areas / niches of marketing that are underrepresented on the web. Do not compete in areas wit a lot of competition. Find a reasonable microniche instead, hire experts in that microniche, and you may hit gold. Otherwise don't waste your time.

So there goes your free consultation. I hope it helps! :)

PhilipSEO, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    matt_62, jrbiz, ryan_uk and 1 other person like this.
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You may have a chance if you start something in your native language. For the life of me, I can never understand why non-English speaking folks are trying to target the US, UK and other English speaking markets. My first language is Russian, but at least I've lived in the US for the last 16 years and been speaking English for almost 19 years. And if I don't know how to say something I can always ask my wife who is an American.

You haven't said anything about this, but if your goal is to start a forum for an English speaking crowd, I'd say wait for a couple years. Start something in your native language and if it takes off gradually make an English version of it.

qwikad.com, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    matt_62, sarahk and PhilipSEO like this.
  20. Victor Genchev

Victor Genchev Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need an original idea. Make it different. There are really a lot of already developed forums so you need something new that will give you advantage and will make people comment. Also you can concentrate on bringing in people from the social networks. Consider making some business related facebook groups for example and after you develop them a bit you can try getting some traffic :) Good luck!

Victor Genchev, Oct 28, 2013 IP