1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google "punish" my website for advertising my other websites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MiTk0o0o0, Sep 27, 2013.

Somewhere a while ago, I read that Google punishes websites that are caught with malicious "link exchange" or something of that sort. I suppose that means if a person pays you money to leave a permanent link to his website on your sidebar, that would count as an violation of their rules, right?

Well, I was thinking, to get a bit more traffic to my other blogs that are all very similar, I should put up a widget on my sidebar with the title "The ##### network" and display the rest of my 3 blogs there.

Will this trigger the Google violation detector and punish my website by removing it from the search engine?

MiTk0o0o0, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  2. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is perfectly fine if you use a NOFOLLOW link. Otherwise don't!

PhilipSEO, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  3. SilentSoul

SilentSoul Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to share a very relavent experience.
    Last month i was penalized by google and i got a message in the webmaster tools about suspected link sale.
    I had one of my own website linking from one of my other with do follow atrivute. In my reconsideration request i explained in detail that i own both the sites and requested them to check the whois info.
    Google revoked the penalty in their reply without any further investifation. The whole process took 13 days and it took another few days for my site to fully restore.
    On the other hand if you place a no follow link then there is no issue and u dont need to worry about google.

SilentSoul, Oct 27, 2013 IP