1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and Facebook's war

Discussion in 'Google+' started by rgladys, Jun 17, 2013.

Google and Facebook's war has already started, two wanted to dominate the Internet,.however,It is only one king of the place. Over a period of time, Facebook visits repeatedly approaching or even surpass Google. However, perhaps good times last long, as Google launched a strong social network G+, the situation may be more favorable toward Google's direction.

Although Facebook CEO Zuckerberg surface and do not care about this, but Facebook G+ released a week after the start of the video chat application, showing a small bar on the matter was quite serious. Although we can not know in the end be the emergence of the Internet G+ have much impact. But in any case, G+ caused strong emergence of Facebook have to be taken seriously, otherwise Facebook Myspace might repeat mistakes.

It is noteworthy that, G+ and Facebook in the "share" area of ​​competition. "Sharing" has always been proud of a Facebook application. However, a week ago, G+ launched Circles (only some people can see the share). G+ on "sharing" the application of in-depth research and development makes it an instant access to a lot of users of all ages.

rgladys, Jun 17, 2013 IP
    melba likes this.
  2. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think G+ has a long way to catch Facebook .

sunil_gupta20801, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  3. flower delivery guy

flower delivery guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    long way off, not really. they are moving fast and Facebook will soon become a thing of past. What Google offers in an all in one platform starting from the google.co.uk page. What does Facebook offer?

flower delivery guy, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  4. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google circles are good idea because you can follow anybody – in other words, have them in one of your circles, without them necessarily having to follow you back. So you can follow the people with the interesting ideas without getting a "like" from them. This makes it much more useful than on Facebook.

The fact that Facebook absolutely has to advertise on the timeline etc is to its detriment. Google plus does not have to do this because they know people coming to Google will be funnelled out to Google search and other Google properties and they can make their money there. Long-term, I fancy Google plus over Facebook.

Robert Ralph, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  5. mrgoe

mrgoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is going down, this is what the stocks say. Google doesn`t have issues yet.. So this war seems to go only one way. The new warrior couldn`t fight the dragon, as you can see, no happy ending here.

mrgoe, Aug 27, 2013 IP
    Robert Ralph likes this.
  6. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My money's on Google :)

Robert Ralph, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Facebook & G+ are serving two different purposes. Facebook is for friends and family, G+ is for people from all walks of life sharing snippets of their lives and interests with each other. I think G+ attracts more business professionals, educators and tech-savvy crowd in general. I also find G+ community (or business) pages more interesting to visit and participate in. To say that somehow G+ is secondary to Facebook is wrong, in my opinion. G+ is a social media outlet that stands out on its own and in many ways outshines all other social media sites.

qwikad.com, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  8. NureA

NureA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a long way ahead of google+

NureA, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  9. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a social network for people who has some connection together like in e-mail loop, people who educate same collage,..
    G+ is allow more board people to click 1+ such as community, people, public,...

What kind of war they are fighting? I think they both have different targeting.

Michael Leng, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. Forexpic.com

Forexpic.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is the best social network for traffic :)

Forexpic.com, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  11. Erin Catorina

Erin Catorina Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good social networks. Goggle+ is going very fast, but we cannot ignore the fact that Facebook is not going to give its place to any other network right now.

Erin Catorina, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  12. SarahMiller01

SarahMiller01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A big agree on that. Even if they are both social media sites, they serves differently in accommodating people.

SarahMiller01, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Mrgoe, Facebook shares have recovered now, eh? I bought some couple of months ago and they're now up 30% :)

Why did I buy them? A large part of it was in the IM community loads of people are spending tons on Facebook adverts and – finally – making a good return on investment. This is largely because of Facebook squeezing ads into the newsfeed.

So I think Facebook are good to go for at least a couple of years.

But Google plus is easier to use in many ways, has more intelligent discussion, and is more flexible – in that you can add anyone you want to your circles without them having to approve you.

And the kicker is – Google don't have to advertise on Google plus if they don't want to. Whereas Facebook have to advertise in Facebook.

That's a big plus for Google. (No pun intended :) )

malcsimm, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    Robert Ralph likes this.
  14. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Amen to both those points, Malc.

Robert Ralph, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  15. Web Business India

Web Business India Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, Facebook is best in social networking. But may be in future, Google Plus will beat facebook because it becomes very popular in lesser time.

Web Business India, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  16. Zack mike

Zack mike Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah i also agree with... Nowadays, Facebook is best in social networking. But may be in future, Google Plus will beat facebook because it becomes very popular in lesser time.

Zack mike, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  17. Rosy Hyden

Rosy Hyden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Face book and Google is a social network sites many people connect to each other this sites.Thanks

Rosy Hyden, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The war itself is not only on the field of social networking and I think many of the actions Google did, were because of this silent war with Zuckerberg and co.

When Google introduced G+ it wasn't as revolutionary as all the hype around it suggested. And for a good amount of time this status quo continued. But Facebook decided they also wanted some share of the "search engine" pie. So they introduced Graph Search and it was time for Google to react. All the latest algorithm changes did aim to improve the user experience but also slowly increased the significance of Google Plus. Google started giving "+1's" some SEO value, they significantly increased the importance of Authorship and indeed worked to better the social media capacity of G+. As it was mentioned they didn't aim for the same target group -that would be plain nuts - so they targeted the businesses and their representatives. New opportunities like Google Communities, Events and Hangouts are now in the picture and this makes finding relevant people in your scope of business much easier. G+ is slowly becoming a good tool for brand recognition and I certainly wouldn't undermine its qualities.

All in all, this war is far from over so we can only wait and see who does what next :)

Rado_ch, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  19. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google plus and Facebook are both great marketing social mediums to use to promote your business on the World Wide Web.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  20. submission_webkul

submission_webkul Member

Best Answers:
    As of now facebook is best, but Google + is progressing day by day and is an effective tool for SEO. So i think the day is not so far when Google + will surpass the facebook.

submission_webkul, Dec 5, 2013 IP