1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can we upload penalized website to other server with new domain ??

Discussion in 'Google' started by sanabha, Oct 24, 2013.

Hi...

can we upload penalized website to other server with new domain ??

For example -

here is my penalized domain xyz.com

and i booked new domain like - abc.com and

i will down my old website pages.

My question is "can i upload my penalized domain to new domain (with new server) "

please tell me Is it usefull for me or worthless ???

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    sanabha, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  2. somanbangaree

somanbangaree Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you can but you have to be careful about your website content which is creating problem.

somanbangaree, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  3. MyArtGallery

MyArtGallery Active Member

Best Answers:
    sure you can. also you do not need another server. just make a redirect to a new domain and you will be good until next penguin

MyArtGallery, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  4. sanabha

sanabha Member

Best Answers:
    your means 1 time we will get ranking but when penguin next update, it will be down ?

sanabha, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think he means that if you make the same mistakes then you will just be in the same situation. But he/she is also assuming you were hit by Penguin.

It's questionable whether a 301 will pass a penalty (or algorithmic demotion via Panda/Penguin/whatever) as that would make it so simple to harm a competitor.

You mention penalty. There is a difference between an manual penalty (manual action by Google on your site, you get notification in Webmaster Tools) and algorithmic demotion. A manual penalty can be removed (by submitting a reconsideration request) once all of the problems are fixed. If your site was hit by Panda, Penguin or similar then you need to wait for the next time it runs (assuming you fixed everything and don't screw up again).

I don't really see the point in making a 301. Either fix the problems with the original site, or start fresh without a 301 and don't make the same mistakes again.

ryan_uk, Oct 24, 2013 IP
    Patricianian likes this.
  6. sanabha

sanabha Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ryan,

thanks for sharing useful info.
    my site is penalized by penguin.

last question - when i will totally remove old site( remove all pages google indexing) and then change old site pages name and then will upload old site to new domain and not apply 301

in this condition can i get ranking in google ???

sanabha, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Penguin update generally deals with unnatural link schemes. So as long as you fix your links, get rid of the toxic links and build a natural link relation with businesses relevant to yours - then you will be ok, regardless if you keep the old domain or transfer to the new one. Keep in mind that your linking "buddies" also have to abide to these rules, as the whole net of links counts here.

Opposingly, if you keep your links as they are and redirect everything to a new domain, chances are Google will find you again and apply penalties to your new domain too.

Rado_ch, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  8. Dannko

Dannko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think here will be another problem. When you will upload your old site on the new domain - that will be already duplicated content.

Dannko, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  9. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may risk Google recognized the content originate from a domain that it has Penguin penalized. That said, if you make sure to noindex/remove the old page URLs first and then move the content, I think it will work out okay :)

websitetools, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  10. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The easiest and fastest solution is to fix the penguin issues and recover your rankings.
    You can do this and it's not that hard, just requires some work.
    Instead you plan on throwing everything away and starting over? Why?

Dittmoe, Jan 28, 2014 IP