1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you write and what do you write for?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by SEO Content Demon, Oct 13, 2013.

Is it about shuffling with words for a good fortune? Or is it about chasing down your thoughts until the final word craved into the board?

Often, we are bound to certain number of words, keyword optimization and other SEO measures that need to be taken into consideration while developing a copy. But don’t you think these measures are real hurdles in development, keeping the transcript apart? Letting the content flow in natural stream requires some relaxation in the terms of SEO, even while writing for a fortune.

However, there are some – the true bloggers. The ones who just express their viewpoints, establishing their own opinions with the strength of their words. If we keep revenue apart for a while then expressing the thoughts flowing naturally is the right way to blog. Naturally, these blogs are not meant for monetization but in real world we need to earn a good sum for living.

So, the question is what you really write for? For fortune or for self satisfaction as a writer? Do the restrictions of paid writing do limit your imagination? Is there any way if I could write natural creative content and sell it on good price? I know there are the options out there but in India options are narrow.

I hope, you guys would like to share your opinions on it.

SEO Content Demon, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  2. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write for myself as well as for others. I have developed my own blogs into money earners. When I write for those blogs, I just write. I don't concern myself with the total number of words, keyword count and the likes. I just write with the reader in mind. Is the content informative, easy to read and interesting? The sticky factor. My blogs are about things I know about and have interest in. I found it much easier to turn these blogs into money earners for the long term than if I choose something that is popular now or something I have no interest in hoping to cash-in on a trend or keyword that has potential.

A blog can be one element of a much larger site...

I'm not the type of writer who has a desire to create a blog to state my opinion on politics, sports, current local or world events, a cause or vent about my own personal life, thoughts and feelings. I wasn't the little girl who kept a diary. I read books all the time, but I seldom wrote unless it was a school assignment. I've never been a writer who writes just to write for pleasure. I write as a means to earn short-term and long-term income. The pleasure I derive from it comes from writing about things that interest me, the researching, the learning and the challenge of being able to write well about things that are not second nature to me or are completely out of my comfort zone and then turning what I'm writing into money.

I write articles for sites where I earn revenue for those articles. They are articles on a topic of my choosing and I'm free to write them as I choose. I simply supply a site with fresh content in exchange for money. I'm not writing for a client and their specifications for keywords and keyword counts.

I have and still do, write articles for sale. I write how I want to write. I write them naturally, for people to actually read. Something someone would actually want to read and adds value to a site.

When I write content for a clients website, I write naturally. Key information is presented, keyword research is done and applied, but the text is always written for humans. A person reads a website. Robots /search engine spiders do not have credit cards. They can't subscribe to your newsletter, participate in social media, become a new patient, a new client, a patron or purchase something from you.

When I write articles for a client, I have to write to their project specifications. If someone is being ridiculous with their project requirements, I decline the job offer. There are many clients out there who just let the writer do their thing. They don't have a laundry list of requirements, including ridiculous keyword requirements. The same holds true for the sites where I can claim writing assignments. If the assignment includes ridiculous requirements, I will not claim the assignment. I will not accept assignments where the writing is restricted and forced to comply with some SEO strategy to try and pull a fast one on Google.

So yes. You can write naturally, the way you want to write and earn money from it. I've done so for the past 9, almost 10 years. I wouldn't have kept at it if it wasn't profitable.

TextServices, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I write because I'm under contract. The firm I work for has certain expectations that need to be met. I like money, so writing provides me with this.........end of story.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  4. sellerfriend

sellerfriend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I write for my readers and search engines, I need organic traffic, but among the two I'd rather focus on my writing for my readers because if people find your article useful for sure they will return and thus search engine will notice your site.

sellerfriend, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  5. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    At this moment, I write because I get paid for my writings. But it's like a boomerang for me now, it kills my passion on writing.

alphaomegalady, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  6. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good discussion, and I believe I can contribute a little here.
    I have always been a writer, from my early teens. A few years ago I began blogging as an adult affiliate primarily out of curiosity and for an additional income. It was interesting to me because it allowed me to just be free to share my opinions and be creative outside of the structure of a fictional story of my own making. I didn't have to conform to the narrative I had created, if that makes sense?

Quite by accident I found an opportunity to supply what I was already doing for myself to others. It was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Google was shifting focus and decimating the affiliate blogging world, punishing anyone who had spent years pasting in text descriptions of products or media. A forum member asked me if I would be able to write some content for them in my spare time.

Others asked the same, I started a site to sell the service, and six months later I quit my job to write from home full time. I now run my own business providing unique copy to affiliates and several large businesses in Europe and North America. Next year I'll be expanding to provide services in other fields and seeking other writers to assist in their chosen subjects.

So, while I began writing for the fun and freedom of it, this soon became an opportunity to progress my hobby to a professional service. I maintained my ability to write freely and imaginatively, while also making money.

There are still plenty of opportunities out there to earn from being creative in writing, without employing the traditional methods of authors.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.