1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will adding blog to static biz site increase seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Wecleangrout, Oct 18, 2013.

I am kinda a newbie with seo.
    I have a service type of site and want to add blog so I can update more often to hopefully increase my seo.
    mysite/blog
    Any draw backs with this idea?
    My business services clients on location and my idea was to title blog thread "xyz service at Anytown, NJ"
    Thanks for the help.

Wecleangrout, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No this will help your site as google is always looking for fresh unique content. Choose your blog titles wisely. Try to target "long tail keywords" (3 words or more) as you will be able to rank your blog post easier. Do some keyword research with this. Put social buttons on your site. If your content is engaging and interesting to the reader then it will get shared and liked. Thus giving you traffic to your site.

Hope this helped.

kb24, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's important to get a blog for 2 main reasons:

1) An easy way to post unique and fresh content. (good for SEO, but don't forget to link back to your website!) -> also, it will be much better if you don't use blogger or wordpress, but yourdomain.com/blog
    2) Keep your visitors up to date with your website news.

Don't forget to post everything new in the blog to tell more about the news to your visitors! ;)

patco, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  4. Wecleangrout

Wecleangrout Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advise. My site now is static. So I will keep site as is and install WP.
    mystaticsite.com/wpblog.
    This shouldn't anger google right? I have had my site for over 10 years and it does decent and Im afraid to mess with it.

Wecleangrout, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  5. GodOfSEO

GodOfSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure to use your blog for internal linking and have a "call to action" (a phone number or form etc) for potential clients to contact you on.

Also make sure you're sharing all your blog posts across your social media and potentially look at getting backlinks built to each blog post or try and naturally promote your content.

Blog posts also rank/look better if you have authorship attached to your WP Installation :)

GodOfSEO, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  6. egjeff4

egjeff4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

potentially, adding a bog to a static site could increase your SEO depending on how you write the content for the blog and what links if any point to your site. Creating the blog will give you the opportunity to get a lot of good content up however, you have to still determine the content you want to post, the keywords which you want to use to drive to the various posts, as well as the keywords you're using to drive to your main site.

Creating the blog is a good idea, but make sure your strategy for posting content and the keywords you're targeting is thought about before you begin posting.

egjeff4, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  7. Wecleangrout

Wecleangrout Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, thanks guys.
    What does this mean.

Wecleangrout, Oct 23, 2013 IP