1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get a new site started

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Pjotter, Oct 23, 2013.

I have a new site (two months), I know my SEO, Google is crawling and indexing. I have backlinks. Not very competitive topic and my own, original content. I know it is important if visitors stay long enough on the page and visit other pages. But I have no traffic (besides some from Twitter). So how can I "proof" to Google I have decent content if nobody is coming. In other words, how do I get started wit a new site?

Pjotter, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    contribute to other sites in your niche, GENUINELY try to help others on forums etc, with solution on your website, NON paid , free

google and people will know.

competent123, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  3. jdownloads

jdownloads Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to search for blogs on google related to my niche and leave inspiring comments.

jdownloads, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  4. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    Comment on blogs related to your site. Post in forums related to your site niche (with a signature of course). See if you are able to write a guest blog on a popular site in your niche. That is a great way.

Other than that, just give Google some time, they will rank you eventually as long as you focus on a positive user experience.

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  5. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Get involved in your niche. Join forums and read blogs on the topic. Connect with other people interested in the niche, and offer your URL if it is appropriate. Making a bunch of blog comments with your URL is not appropriate. Signature links are not very effective and look like spam. Consider being a valuable member of a forum and writing stuff people could use, then refer people to your website when a situation comes up. For example, Johnny asks what the best free imaging editing software is. You reply to the thread with your article that compares 10 free imaging editors. Create social network accounts and promote your content. Don't buy likes or any of that stuff. Get people to naturally follow your pages by interacting within the social networks with people that would be interested in your content.

The rule of thumb is that you should be trying to attract real users to your website, not search engines. Don't make a website for Google, make a website people want to use.

You can also purchase advertisements from places like Adwords to drive people to your website. Although expensive at first, if your website truly belongs at a good search rank people will share it and come back.

r3dt@rget, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  6. Pjotter

Pjotter Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all, this is helpful info.Didn't think about joining forums and blogs. Twitter is a bit useful, but I cannot post too many tweets for my site. The disadvantage is, backlinks from social media do not count, as far as I know, as backlinks, because of the shortened redirection links.

Just started advertising on Facebook. Something like 10.000 ad views for 5 dollar is not bad.

Pjotter, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  7. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are only beneficial if they are from quality websites with good reputation and relevant to your content. The goal with social media is to market your website, not build backlinks. I suggest you focus your efforts on marketing the website and improving the user experience, rather than focus on links. Natural links will come in time, and one of those is better than 1000 spammy blog comments or forum signatures.

r3dt@rget, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    yes , this is the way things works.
    you should have a proper social media campaign at FB , TWT,LD, etc.
    also don't forget to generate as many back links as you can with unique content from forums and blogs.

dean1122, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  9. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would also create some thought provoking or funny images and put them on Pinterest and Tumblr.

Cyberchoices, Oct 24, 2013 IP