1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disavow works OR not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sapanbhatt, Oct 22, 2013.

Does anybody here experienced of Disavow tool? Actually in last Oct 4 update, I lost one one of my site. As it was a Penguin update, I realize that there must be something wrong with the site's link building practice. I figured it out whats wrong is, corrected everyting within 3 business working days.

Clearing everything I used Disavow to consider all those deleted links. Submitted all the deleted links through Disavow tool. I was waiting for some favorable thing happen. I was keep watching GWT links to my site number. When I have placed a Disavow request there were 2929 links showing to my site's/pages from different websites. Instead of going down these number has increased to 3200 yesterday morning. Infect 80% of links from 2929 links has been removed and submitted through disavow. Even all those deleted links has been pinged through pining network in order to let Google know that these are deleted. And my site's links are no more there on these resource.

I am surprised when I see the number increased yesterday morning. Can anyone tell me why it is so? Will I be get benefited with the rankings which I was having before Penguin, as I have deleted almost all the links which i was created.?

sapanbhatt, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    chances are slim you will get anywhere near your previous rankings. You just removed a lot of links that were at one time considered good and now have a lot less links.

stoner3221, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First I manually removed a bunch of bookmarking links (keeping just a few good ones like reddit). Then I disavowed about a thousand useless directory links. Result? ZERO change in rankings after a couple of months.

Jim4767, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  4. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of folks are thinking that removing or disavowing links will get previous rankings back and that's not how it works. They have a lot less good links now and that is going to effect the ratings.

stoner3221, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  5. rahultrivedi-SEO Analyst

rahultrivedi-SEO Analyst Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you stoner. Disavov is not for getting back the ranking. it is for to commit that yes we have bad links and please ignore it.

6. slarengcom

slarengcom Active Member

Best Answers:
    a few days ago i submitted my bad backlinks on disavov,,,and i think disavov tool work well..

slarengcom, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  7. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @Jim4767 Your suggestion is really useful for me too. Thanks for sharing this useful tips about directory and Bunch of Bookmarking links

rogerbinny, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  8. eberly

eberly Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking is seems to me useless except few high PR sites...............last update my site is affected for those type of link and now i am getting back after removing or deleting those link

eberly, Oct 23, 2013 IP