1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question on selling a short dictionary domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by monsur, Oct 20, 2013.

Dear friend,I have quite.us that I want to sell.But where to sell it?Will it be logical to charge $20?

Thanks

monsur, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  2. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can list it at NamePros but don't expect more than $2

Alin Alex, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  3. scorpionagency

scorpionagency Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think no matter where he lists that one for sale he'll run into some selling obstacles. I see domains selling on NamePros all the time for decent reseller prices. I say reseller because the majority of domain communities cater more to reseller to reseller type sales.

Don't get discouraged, but also don't expect to get rich off that domain. While it's a short 5 letter dictionary word in the english language, which matches the cctld .US native language, it's also not a very flexible, brandable, durable word. You have to ask yourself what the word "Quite" represents?, What industry could brand them self with the word "Quite"?, Is the word "Quite" playful and flexible enough to stand on it's own in a meaningful way?

If you aren't sure about the above 3 questions, then it may have been a bad idea to invest in that one. I'm not saying it won't or can't sell because it can. I'm just saying that the domain has a very limited target audience which means it's going to be a very hard sell (If it sells).

Again, don't get discouraged, We all learn as we go. Jump back into doing more research and reading up on what other domainers are doing or have done. learn from their mistakes so you can avoid them.

Hope that helps a little,

Eric Lyon

scorpionagency, Oct 21, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.