1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just curious: what's wrong with all these sites

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by tayiper, Dec 6, 2006.

I surely have a feeling that *something* is indeed "wrong" (and I've seen many sites like this so far), however, the strangest thing is that none of the sites in question (I link to three examples below) have AdSense ads on them, so it doesn't look that they are MFA-type sites. Anyway, so what's then the point in all this??

The links to mentioned three strange sites:

Motor carrier safety

Sata drive performance review

Truck camper accessory

/NOTE: I really hope that I posted this in the right section of the DP forum. I didn't find anything more appropriate, so I decided to post it under "Google -- AdSense" branch since these sites really resemble sites with the "MFA-style" overall design/outlook.

P.S. -- I found them in e-mail sent to me by automatically generated e-mails notifying me of new "TrackBack Ping" on one of my blogs in English language, in particular it is this blog: CastleCops - satyr if you really need to know that detail -- ...

tayiper

tayiper, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  2. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, they don't have Adsense ads on them, but they do have other ads on their site. What exactly, I'm not sure...

Computerized, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks like these are gateway pages
    not necessarily created for ads, but just stuffed with content to pick up spiders then link to a real site

still blackhat

frankcow, Dec 6, 2006 IP
    tayiper likes this.
  4. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that was certainly the fastest reply I've ever seen, thanks man!!

/EDIT: That was meant for "Computerized"'s response, I haven't noticed "frankcow"'s yet before I replied.

tayiper

tayiper, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, "content stuffing" was also what I managed to "get out" of these sites, lol ...

tayiper

tayiper, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  6. shae

shae Peon

Best Answers:
    these are ads,
    c.php is a MDNH creation ( http://www.marchex.com/ ), same guys who spammed google with those sites that gooogle indexed a billion pages on.

the URL is encoded,

http://64.111.196.117/c.php?s=eNpFk.../KOsflFUY4GYF02a9pV3uvt999F2/MFBgAED1P9vCsTU=

"Connecting thousands of merchants with active consumers on the top Internet search and shopping destinations.
    Learn more" - from marchex, basicly, they buy expired domains, build seo friendly sites and spam them, all containing they're own ad network which people pay to be on.

they market it as PPC search marketing, as well as directory marketing.

a big slimy company.

shae, Dec 6, 2006 IP