1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ask] SEO on .biz or .net Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Ratna Sari Rahayu, Oct 19, 2013.

I am confused to buy a domain .biz or .net because the domain .com is not available for the keyword my blog, do you think the domain extension which is more seo friendly?
    I plan to make the domain connect to my blogspot account.
    Thanks digitalpoint

Ratna Sari Rahayu, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  2. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For branding purpose I suggest .com, but if it isn't available anymore then you should search another related keyword

MIYABI, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  3. Ratna Sari Rahayu

Ratna Sari Rahayu Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for your suggestion, i chosing dot net domain.

4. ashrafkamal

ashrafkamal Active Member

Best Answers:
    @MIYABI No doubt .com is important for branding purpose, but domains with TLD .com & .net are almost same. You are right for branding .com looks natural & memorable, again I would like to say .net same as .com and there is no any effect on SEO or geo Targeting. One can choose any one them.

ashrafkamal, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would go with the .net

dcristo, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  6. Ratna Sari Rahayu

Best Answers:
    thanks, .net its my choice
    .net look good, i used it

7. ashrafkamal

Best Answers:
    Good job, I know most of the people are now understanding .net is international TLD.

8. nikita12

nikita12 Member

Best Answers:
    A .net domain is way better than a .biz domain from an SEO point of view.

However, that said, why not go for a .com domain with a slight variation of your keyword. After the last EMD (Exact Match Domain) algorithm update, EMDs do not rank well for the exact matched keyword. You might just be better off going for a .com with your keyword (not EMD)

If you can give us more details on what kind of blogspot blog you run, we could give you better advice and possibly examples of .com domains you could register. (If for some reason, you do not want to give out your exact match keyword, give us a different keyword - you can still learn from the examples)

Niki

nikita12, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. ashrafkamal

Best Answers:
    I am in your favour, Now according to last update of Google for EMDs there is not any further value of exact match domains, it become like that : Once upon a time there was a trend of EMDs, that was mostly used by affiliate marketers to sell a specific product using domain name containing name of product. Algorithm now completely changed, it does not mean Google will hate EMDs, but they will not proffered as in the past.
    So having a juicy keyword in any domain is better.. lastly .com is of course awesome .

10. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .biz is for a business I use it for my blog that is related to a business topic. A .net is I think perfectly used for games/game servers but it also can be used when the .com is taken.

Shole93, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm almost in agreement with you. The EMD update was more about low-quality sites using EMDs. EMDs certainly did carry weight after. However, taking other updates into consideration and the recent architectural change (Hummingbird), there is less point in and EMD. Better to choose a brand and focus on delivery quality content, product, etc. Provide your audience with what they want, not what you think search engines wants.

With regards to the OP's question regarding TLDs, "it depends". If you want to make a brand (which will better serve you in the long run) then a ".com". No additional SEO benefit, just the fact it's better for memorability, type-ins, word-of-mouth, etc. You will lose out on traffic to the .com. However, if your site is "informational" and just for search engine traffic then using .monkeynuts or whatever you want. It won't make a difference (except if it's local search-related).

ryan_uk, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  12. Ratna Sari Rahayu

Best Answers:
    thank you everyone for helping me, any hosting idea? hostgator or godaddy or bluehost? i want to migration my blogspot to wordpresss self hosted

Ratna Sari Rahayu, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  13. ashrafkamal

Best Answers:
    I will prefer Bluehost because its leading WP host and Compatible for all features & functionality of WordPress. In case of Hostgator service is not bad but you will always have some problem in billing. Godaddy not better I am suffering from headache just after signup for Godaddy hosting.

ashrafkamal, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  14. Ratna Sari Rahayu

Best Answers:
    Bluehost support wprobot plugin or not?

Ratna Sari Rahayu, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  15. ashrafkamal

Best Answers:
    Yes ! Absolutely Bluehost Supports wprobot plugin. For more info & features you should chat with their client online that is free.

ashrafkamal, Oct 20, 2013 IP