1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help. My personal privacy after being banned from Facebook for 12 hours

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Kyle D, Oct 18, 2013.

Hi all.

So I have this page and have a couple admins and I am the only manager. I tried to log in to Facebook and a notice came up saying that "mr x" has banned me (or he has got Facebook to ban me more like) for 12 hours (I think). This guy has got it in for my page and I or my page has done nothing wrong. It isn't a bad page, doesn't use bad language, or anything bad like that.

Anyway sorry if most of the above wasn't relevant but I am hoping that somebody can help me get the following information please.

Firstly does this mean that all of my admins are banned or just me?

Also because it was my post that he reported and I am the one who got banned does that mean that "mr x" knows my personal name? For example, does it say to "mr x" you are reporting or successfully banned "Kyle” or does it just say to "mr x" you are reporting or successfully banned "Facebook page "x""?

Hope that someone can help me out and that I have made it clear. If anyone can't understand then please just say and I'll try and help clear it up.

Thanks.

Kyle D, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm confused. Are you banned from facebook, or just the page? or has the page been shut down?
    Can your friends still see the page? Can they still see your account?
    Have you phoned your other admins and checked with them?

sarahk, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  3. urock_ltd

urock_ltd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    are you the main creator of Page?
    Page is still accessible for public ?
    It will be great if you can post a screenshot
    Im bit confuse ,and never heard something like that
    Post the screenshot please so may be it can help.

urock_ltd, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  4. Kyle D

Kyle D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I am banned from Facebook, the page is still up. I have no way outside Facebook of contacting the other admins.

Kyle D, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You let people admin your page but you don't really know them, that sounds naive!

What's the message you get when you try to login?

sarahk, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  6. devilx

devilx Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes pleease upload screenshot

devilx, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    blackout0826 likes this.
  7. jjstod

jjstod Member

Best Answers:
    I run and/or manage multiple Facebook Pages...A couple of which are political. On those Pages, whose content essentially consists of manually curated content from various news sources/posts topic related meme's/etc) it is not unusual for "people" - usually using fake Facebook profiles (not the standard type people create to play Farmville/Mafia Wars/etc.) - from opposing parties or Pages arriving at the your Page literally there only to get the Page banned.

They are referred to as "Trolls", as most of you probably know. I have even had one Troll edit a weird threatening video with the Page name superimposed over the name of actor playing the weak victim in it...Troll's have a lot of time.

In any case...let me tell you from experience. One, all of your Admins are banned. Two...No, it won't identify you as the admin - only the page - and more than likely won't say "Mr X you got the Page banned"...if Facebook notifies them at all...will likely say something general relating to the specific item they reported (post/pic/whatev).

You say that you are the only Manager, which means the other "admins" you reference are actually Content Creator's or below (who don't have full Admin rights)...that's why many of the other replies above were confused by your question, IMO.

Make sure that individual is banned from your Page. Also, you may find additional information logging into your personal FB account and typing "Support Dashboard" (no quotes) into the search bar to quickly access your dashboard and see if there is any additional info.

Good luck! Jim

jjstod, Oct 19, 2013 IP