1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Shopify a good e-commerce solution ??

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by billy_the_kid, Sep 5, 2013.

I heard Shopify is another e-commerce solution. What is your experience with it ? how does it compare to magento?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    billy_the_kid, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  2. pj1s

pj1s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Works well compared to many other hosted solutions. Only credible answer though: depends on what you want and need to do!

pj1s, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  3. AddiBoy

AddiBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried magento -- it was SO confusing and hard to do. I tried dozens of other platforms, and then I tried shopify. I'm still with it 6 years later. :)

AddiBoy, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  4. upchd

upchd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love shopify...
    I found that the seo was great. I started ranking for competitive key words very quickly and this was my first time at ecommerce.

Best of luck

upchd, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  5. Young Gangxta

Young Gangxta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well, shopify is good but in other case you can try tictail , it's the best online store , you can add alot of product and they dont charge anything

Young Gangxta, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  6. OwnCoder

OwnCoder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Bigcommarce is better then shopify

OwnCoder, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  7. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Creating store with Shopify you need to follow the features which is existing already, but by creating your own e commerce site you will get flexibility and control ability

aceriker, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  8. Siraj Mahmood

Siraj Mahmood Active Member

Best Answers:
    E-Commerce Solutions Depends upon on website strategies that's means which products & brand you want to introduce. How much product your company have.Then this topology take next step. I Recommend you Magento for Absolute and free ecommerce solution no boundaries of product limitation. Magento Better than Prestashop or open cart and zencart because here is hundred of reasons.
    one of these is that .
    1. Magento have more setting line to line.
    2. Magento Extension Keys make its easy to install his plugins.
    3. Magento Static Block Option Create More Readability in Store Editing.
    4. Magento Speed Great ! ( If Cache enable and compilation mode is enable)

Siraj Mahmood, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  9. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mind elaborating on that? I'm considering Shopify over BigCommerce if for no other reason than their native blogging ability. This is important to my store and the hacked in options for Bigcommerce just seem like to much trouble.

cldnails, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  10. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is a good eCommerce solution but I would highly suggest to use Magento because it is very strong and scalable.

Etoot, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  11. JamesGordon7

JamesGordon7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is a powerful and flexible platform which allows website owner to modify his site based on his business requirements at any time he needs. It supports 100% SEO, payment gateways, shipping carriers, social networking sites, multiple store functionality, multiple languages and multiple currencies.

So, Magento is an ideal platform for all eCommerce websites.

JamesGordon7, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  12. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of recommendations for Magento in this thread.

It's a great platform, but it's really not the end-all of eCommerce like some seem to say it is.

There are a lot of solutions, and many of them are JUST as good as Magento, if not better in terms of being suited to your specific needs and requirements.

What works for some people might not work for everyone else. I'd definitely recommend taking a good, long look at all your options before you make a decision.

Shopify is a great solution. A lot of online sellers are happy with the experience.

Two very, very comparable options are also Bigcommerce and 3dcart. Both are out-of-the-box, hosted solutions, meaning it's incredibly easy to build yourself a nice-looking webstore. They have a lot of great themes, and Bigcommerce has specifically built out a ton of mobile-responsive themes. This is HUGE because mobile eCommerce is absolutely the next big thing (if it isn't already the current big thing).

I'd strongly recommend checking out those two solutions, as well as all the other ones mentioned here in the thread. The key isn't picking the solution that gets the most endorsements from other sellers; it's finding the solution that works best for YOU and your needs/abilities.

Solid Commerce, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  13. EarlJones

EarlJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, shopify is a powerful ecommerce website solution, that allow you to sell online by providing you various products or things you want. It is one of the popular shopify cart provider, it is one of fastest growing ecommerce website, while if we compare Shopify and Magento both are good in different manner.

EarlJones, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  14. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it is good but i found some difficulties in some times. otherwise it is very nice to use.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  15. DDNetwalker

DDNetwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked Shopify, just found it a bit expensive to start out with and a little difficult to get set up and going (this was a few years ago).

DDNetwalker, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Actually most of the popular ones as mentioned above are great, it is one man's meat another's poison, best to try them out and decide yourself. It isn't easy to change shopping carts when you are already running, so the initial choice will be important.

wisdomtool, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  17. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    now im learning e-commerce with this thread. :)

chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  18. Beth Fields

Beth Fields Peon

Best Answers:
    you may consider to try Opencart its very user friendly and for sure if you just start up your online business opencart will suits your needs for the fact they have lots of solid features and very clean interface. Magento is good but based on my experience i feel little bit complicated that's why i switch to Opencart.

Beth Fields, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  19. benirefer

benirefer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can try the benipal marketplace. easier to use and better search.

benirefer, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  20. JimABlackmore

JimABlackmore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a good eCommerce platform and widely used, it provide best services to its users. It is powering 120,000 online shops and has number of professional templates provides great look. It has various tools to help you meet your needs.

JimABlackmore, Dec 20, 2014 IP