1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

buying domain names

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by mathewaki, Oct 1, 2013.

Hello

I hope I have put this question in the right place.

I was wondering what you guys look for when buying a domain name.

I know it is a short question but I am really interested to see what everyone has to say about this.

Thanks

mathewaki, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  2. sery kouma kone

sery kouma kone Member

Best Answers:
    You know companies like google and other search engine are putting a lot of money to make our life easier. I will highly recommend you to search that info on Google. There are several great domaine names companies out there. this is the internet.....

sery kouma kone, Oct 1, 2013 IP
    JPDevuyst and tzemp like this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The problem with your short question is that we don't know what your business/business plan is.

If you were setting up a website for an accounting firm I'd give totally different advice than if you were setting up a website for a quirky new phone app.

You are Australian - so we might recommend a .com.au domain but if your site has a global audience then .com might be better. On the other hand if you were selling an Australian tourist activity you'd want to stick with the .com.au so that you appear to be authentically Aussie.

You should avoid domains that have been blacklisted by google adwords and any other companies that you may want to do business with in the future.

And the spiel can go on and on. We really need to know what you want to achieve.

sarahk, Oct 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and JPDevuyst like this.
  4. JPDevuyst

JPDevuyst Active Member

Best Answers:
    The strength of the domain depends on the strength of the name of the company being represented. But the domain name itself isn't enough - value will only be added as you add some kind of infrastructure and possibly create some kind of SEO and Content Base.

JPDevuyst, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  5. nikita12

nikita12 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking purely from an SEO perspective at buying an expired domain, then the following metrics are important
    • Page Rank
    • Moz Domain Authority
    • Majestic Seo Citation and Trust Flow
    • Back links - checked using Ahrefs and Majestic Seo
    If you are looking at registering a new one for your business, then the following metrics are important
    • Brand-ability - does it appeal to your audience, can you use it as a verb etc.
    • Length - short names are better
    • Tld - If its a business definitely go for a COM. If its a local only business then go for a local tld e.g. COM.AU
    • Keywords - If you can get part of your main keyword in your domain, then it is beneficial from a ranking perspective (Note that EMDs don't work anymore)
    Hope this helps
    Niki

nikita12, Oct 18, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  6. monsur

monsur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Short,easy to remember and having a good meaning is a plus

monsur, Oct 20, 2013 IP