1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Auctions: sold, not sold

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by StratDomain, Oct 1, 2013.

Has anyone ever had a domain they were auctioning on Godaddy appear in their sold list only to reappear under "selling" a little while later?I asked GoDaddy about it and they were able to confirm that it means someone is clicking the buy now option and simply not following through with the payment. The strange thing is that it has happened to me about four times in the last few days. I didn't get a screenshot of the list the first few times but the buyers ID looks to be the same. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I.e. why would someone repeatedly click buynnow and not follow up?

StratDomain, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  2. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    May be buyer don't know how to complete the process. Since you've buyer ID, you may ask GoDaddy to contact the buyer and ask him to complete the process.

vegabond, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  3. dhow

dhow Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently tried clicking on the 'buy now for $___ ' button of a godaddy auction. The page remained the same, all that happened was the 'buy now' button disappeared. I must admit, I tried clicking a few times, maybe it was me...

dhow, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  4. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    Did you checked your cart? Perhaps domain was added to your cart?

vegabond, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  5. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's been happening to me lately with a particular domain. It's listed in "didn't sell" twice and in "sold" once.
    The last time someone "accidentally" purchased it, they realized their mistake and emailed Escrow, Godaddy and I to let us know what had happened and apologize (then emailed me a few more times trying to get me to lower the price).
    I received an Email from Escrow shortly afterwards advising me that the transaction had been cancelled which was good, but Godaddy seem to have done nothing (hence why its still listed as sold). I thought it may just take a day or two for the domain to move to the didn't sell list but it been about a month now. So yeah.
    The problem is that while it remains in the sold list, I can't seem to list it for sale (which I've tried to do twice). I guess I'll have to ring them up.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Oct 17, 2013 IP