1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why would you buy followers / fans ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by HomeDesigner, Oct 17, 2013.

Hello guys,
    We all know that it is possible now to pay few dollars for hundreds of fans and followers, but is it really necessary ? Since these followers are not really following you for the content / product you are providing them with, probably they will un-follow you few days after they get their payment which happens a lot.
    Think of it this way, provide quality content on your blog or website, you may want to invest some money on getting targeted traffic using Adwords at the beginning, after that, if they like what they read / buy /download, they will subscribe to get more of what you give. Focus on the content because I *personally* will not follow you for the number of followers you have, but I will follow you if your content worth it.

HomeDesigner, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  2. UPandDOWN

UPandDOWN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First impression people follow on your twitter is because of your amount of followers.
    When people look twitter account with huge number of followers it's become easy to them to follow the account.
    Someone who buy followers want to get that impression, buy random followers first and build a targeted followers thereafter.
    I agree with you that the quallity content you provide is important factor, it's become more significant when talking about twitter traffic conversion.
    In 2011 I did twitter marketing, not sure what's changed now, but that was my opinion.

UPandDOWN, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  3. undergroundseo

undergroundseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people buy followers/likes to increase the value in the way people look at the page. We all know that if you are searching the same niche and have a side by side comparison on a page with 10k follows over a page with 10 followers, more people would automatically click on the one that is more popular. This will now help to increase real followers/likes to your page by driving that traffic to your page by showing that you are an "authority" in the niche/field.

undergroundseo, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  4. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still, guys I believe it is about the quality and not the quantity.

HomeDesigner, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  5. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can beleive all you want, but if you want to make an impression to a client, it's better to have a shitload of fake followers than to have 10 people who do care about your work and take a long looong time to build the buzz. How many more people like you do you think they are that are loosing clients just because they're not "popular" (me included). So, why give up the money and take the starving artist path - it's by now defunct and it will not get you even the most basic concept you're after: genuinity. Think about it.

Hollow, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  6. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    In the long term, fake followers / fans is only going to hurt your marketing efforts in the long term.
    Fake fans / followers will not engage with your brand, which in turn will decrease your visibility and authenticity real users.

It will take longer to build an account with proper followers, but worth it 100% if you want longevity from your venture.
    If you are looking for a way to build twitter followers without much work, check out Twiz.

TwitterWizard, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  7. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed in an ideal world that would be true but in general people follow the big numbers, be it twitter, Facebook or youtube, people head where the traffic is an as a marketeer I'll choose to join big groups as what would I rather sell to 3 followers, or 33,000? For a lot of people it's a numbers game. Same with youtube where the big number videos sit at the top of the search.
    There are going to be exceptions and typically these are pop stars etc on twitter. People follow them solely because they like them

adsenseplr, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  8. MichaelDamen3

MichaelDamen3 Peon

Best Answers:
    It truly is about quality not quantity when it comes to social media, which is why when your building your following you need to make sure your following users who have similar intrests to what your selling/promoting.

Having 10 followers with a really high intrest in your product/service is so much better than having 100 followers who really couldnt care less about what your posting/tweeting.

hope this helped

MichaelDamen3, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  9. Haya

Haya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally bought Twitter followers a few times, I ended up getting a LOT of new followers from real people that basically assumed I was famous or something. It was hilarious. I did it for a test drive, and bought the followers from Fiverr for $5.

Fake followers, funny, funny, funny.

Haya, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  10. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    How many followers did $5 buy you?

TwitterWizard, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  11. Haya

Haya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I
    Mmm ... a couple of thousands. I was testing a few for one of my projects. So $5 can bring you anywhere from 1,000 followers to 30,000.

But they end up disappearing, as Twitter bugs detect their fake existance and they get deleted. So they only last 1 week to 6 months.

I know my fake followers all right.

Haya, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  12. Sam Douglas

Sam Douglas Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't buy you can get those for free from likesasap.com
    I am using this website from last 1 year. :)

Sam Douglas, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Because it is prehyped. Most of the people think that higher number of likes, higher will be chances of selling your product.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  14. Suupriyasharma

Suupriyasharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    youlikehits.com Don't buy...
    Earn like or followers

Suupriyasharma, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  15. Ron_holtan

Ron_holtan Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally people using it for their brand promotions or for being famous among their competitors, I also use this technique, more followers or more fans means my product is becoming a famous brand among peoples. That is why social networks becomes the first choice of entrepreneurs for promoting their products.

Ron_holtan, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  16. David678

David678 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I bought at http://www.socialmedia6in1.com/ 10,000 followers when I had only 558 followers. That was about 6 months ago and i now have 14,884. I think it like buying a sign post starting "We are popular! Come check us out!" As long as I stay over 10,000 I don't feel I have to do it again.

David678, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  17. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's the sheep mentality. Someone looks at your account - this someone being a potential buyer of whatever it is you're selling - and they see few followers, they associate this with low quality. Their mentality is this: if it was a great account, they'd have more followers. And if everyone thinks this - and the majority will - you're in a catch-24, no matter how good your tweets. So getting the ball rolling with a few followers - either via exchanges or purchases - is just good business sense. This is their only use; no more, no less.

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  18. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you buy followers or fans you loose because your message will go to less real customers. It is a problem on Facebook fanpage. Really try to get real fans than fake ones because your post will see less people who are interested in your offer.

adbash, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  19. Ricardo-san

Ricardo-san Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eric's on the money. Followers add legitimacy to a product to potential buyers who can't recognize the signs of bought followers.

Ricardo-san, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  20. baybay

baybay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well you can get some traffic and there are niches that do well with the general population. for example dating and weight loss may do very well without precise targeting but rocket science may not.

baybay, Dec 23, 2013 IP